Gary Danielson: "Vols Are Soft"; Pruitt Perfect Hire

There's a difference between clueless and loyal. Not loyal to the coach, but loyal to this University.

The majority of us had been very critical of Butch since the very beginning for many things (goal line shotgun, the chart, champions of life, brick-by-brick, misuse of Kamara, injuries, etc), but we still remained LOYAL.

Your comment seems quite off base and not representative of what actually occurred.

Pretty conveinant distinction. But one that doesn't matter at all.

Saying Pruitt will fail and Tennessee will fail are the same statement in any kind of near future.

And the criticism of Butch was met with plenty of pearl clutching and moaning before Georgia last year. Now, conveniently, everyone was just being loyal, not coach worshiping.

Reactions: 1 person
You act like the majority of fans were excusing what Butch was doing. I'm saying I didn't see that. In fact, I saw the majority of fans (at least on here), start getting FED UP with Butch as early as the Appalachian State game in '16.

But you can have a cookie for being right about Butch.

No.... absolutely not what was happening here.

I don't think it's the fans fault. What goes behind close doors and off the field isn't necessarily available to most of the fan base. If you look at it, it looks like Butch was improving year by year. Then his 4th year he stumbled at the end and by mid ways of last season he was exposed.

The stumbling started in the first game of that year, but the wins were there, so people were ultimately okay with things (just win, right?), until the inevitable happened, and we lost 4 games (should have won 2 of those at least).

Reality is, as it's been discussed on here many times, we were a fumble recovery and a hail mary from 6-6 (one could also argue VT gave us the B@B with all their turnovers, too). Fans saw that.

Sure, there were your typical dismissive VN posters (sunshine pumpers), who were loyal to Butch and putting others down, but the vast majority were being loyal to UT, and were fed up with Butch.

Danielson said that before the season started last year and apparently, he was right, but got slammed by many on here for saying it.

Reactions: 2 people
The stumbling started in the first game of that year, but the wins were there, so people were ultimately okay with things (just win, right?), until the inevitable happened, and we lost 4 games (should have won 2 of those at least).

Reality is, as it's been discussed on here many times, we were a fumble recovery and a hail mary from 6-6 (one could also argue VT gave us the B@B with all their turnovers, too). Fans saw that.

Sure, there were your typical dismissive VN posters (sunshine pumpers), who were loyal to Butch and putting others down, but the vast majority were being loyal to UT, and were fed up with Butch.

Of course, but we were also a few plays away from beating good teams during the 9-4 years. So we not only got lucky but we had some "unlucky" moments.

You act like the majority of fans were excusing what Butch was doing. I'm saying I didn't see that. In fact, I saw the majority of fans (at least on here), start getting FED UP with Butch as early as the Appalachian State game in '16.

But you can have a cookie for being right about Butch.

Yeah that Appy game, that’s when reality set in for me that we had a mid major coach at best.

Reactions: 3 people
or first and goal with 1:20 left at Florida last year and throw 3 straight times after running it thru them the last 2 drives...only to leave enough time on the clock for them to beat your ass.......

Although the evidence was starting to mount up dramatically, it was then and there that I knew Botch was in way over his head. He lost to the worst UF team in 35 years on a last second fluke play that he help them set up. I hope I never hear his name again. He might be a good recruiting coordinator at WKU.

The "majority"? Nope. At least not on this board. The majority defended Jones and dismissed his shortcomings... and attacked those who pointed them out.

There are STILL a couple here that deny that HC's decisions impact injury rates. Jones had a pattern of higher than normal injuries each year. One particular poster defends Jones by claiming that if we as fans cannot pinpoint the particular coaching failure... that we can't say it was his failure. If that logic worked then you could never hold a coach accountable for ANYTHING.

---------

EXACTLY! and then call anyone who disagreed with them Disloyal.
I seen negavol mostly. Negabutch was more like it

I don't think it's the fans fault. What goes behind close doors and off the field isn't necessarily available to most of the fan base. If you look at it, it looks like Butch was improving year by year. Then his 4th year he stumbled at the end and by mid ways of last season he was exposed.

Butch was very fortunate he had Dobbs hide alot of the offensive probs. I believe Dobbs was main reason they got to 9 wins. 6-6 without him imo

Reactions: 4 people
Butch was very fortunate he had Dobbs hide alot of the offensive probs. I believe Dobbs was main reason they got to 9 wins. 6-6 without him imo

Josh carried this offense for three seasons. He had good backs and receivers, but we saw what happened when he graduated.

The "majority"? Nope. At least not on this board. The majority defended Jones and dismissed his shortcomings... and attacked those who pointed them out.

There are STILL a couple here that deny that HC's decisions impact injury rates. Jones had a pattern of higher than normal injuries each year. One particular poster defends Jones by claiming that if we as fans cannot pinpoint the particular coaching failure... that we can't say it was his failure. If that logic worked then you could never hold a coach accountable for ANYTHING.

---------

EXACTLY! and then call anyone who disagreed with them Disloyal.

Silly

It's classic how the last few months have unveiled what a total joke we were with Butch Jones, and how frustrating it was to see all of the clueless TN fans who continued to support him throughout last fall.

Dont know many that backed Jones by the end of last season or midway through the year.

The same fans who have fallen in love with our new coach before he has coached one game as head coach in college anywhere. They also believe Fulmer will guide him in the right direction. We can all hope they’re going to be right. It good to be optimistic, but let’s not get carried away.

Fulmer needs to run the AD and let Pruitt coach. If Pruitt needs Fulmer's help, he will ask for it.

VN Store

Back