Gander Mountain Turkey Creek Closing

Love that open mind you have.

REI isn't really for outdoorsman anyways. While they do have some good gear it seems to cater towards the sorority and fraternity folk looking for a new Patagonia vest.

And..Way to call me closed minded, and not REI...typical.

Yea I own a locksmith business down here. It being a tourist town, I do A LOT of electronic lock installs lol.

VolAllen, here's my $600 dollar Stanley WI-Q jig I was talking about. You can fly through installs with it.

Attachments

• 20170510_084456.jpg
    20170510_084456.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2
Judging by the amount of floor space dedicated to cycling, I'm guessing that is a big part of REI's business at the Brentwood location. I usually see a lot of folks in the backpack area as well. If you want to see a fashion store that uses the pretense of being an outdoor outfitters to get people in the door check out the Orvis store in Green Hills.

Damn that's sweet. I bet that makes drilling real easy.

It does. I actually scribe all my holes, take it off and then drill so I don't ruin the collars at the holes.

The POE gateways that communicate with the locks are a whole different ballgame getting them programmed and working correctly through our network firewalls.

When I was robbed of my armory, GM had all of my long guns and CCA had my pistols. CCA cooperated with me and I got 2 of 4 back. GM had sold all 12 of my long guns and wouldn't give me the time of day on how to get them back. Fk GM I'm glad they're gone.

Say what you want about Patagonia, but I swear by their cold weather stuff.

They make fine stuff, no argument there, I just don't get the need to become totally married to brands, especially brands for what are ultimately minor purchases.

They make fine stuff, no argument there, I just don't get the need to become totally married to brands, especially brands for what are ultimately minor purchases.

For outdoors gear, I tend to stick to brands I've had good luck with in the past like Patagonia, Vasque and Merrell boots, 5.11 pants, Big Agnes tents, Coleman car camping stoves, Primus hiking stoves (the Omnifuel is still the GOAT IMO) etc.

Not to say I wouldn't try another brand, but I'm "married" to the ones that work. And not for a fashion sense either.

For outdoors gear, I tend to stick to brands I've had good luck with in the past like Patagonia, Vasque and Merrell boots, 5.11 pants, Big Agnes tents, Coleman car camping stoves, Primus hiking stoves (the Omnifuel is still the GOAT IMO) etc.

Not to say I wouldn't try another brand, but I'm "married" to the ones that work. And not for a fashion sense either.
Yeah with the great unknown of the great outdoors it is better to go with what you're familiar with

I have a Patagonia fleece pullover that is over 25 years old on the only damage is some burn marks from a cigarette accident that happened over two decades ago. Also really like my H2NO jacket.

Since boots got mentioned and I've mentioned my desire to buy USA made goods in other threads, I highly recommend Chippewa. I have some of their hiking boots and field (snakeproof) boots. Excellent quality and could easily last a lifetime with a resole job or two along the way.

I see a lot of people with Yeti hats.... what's up with that?? I mean they make a good product, overpriced but good but why the hat thing?

I have a Yeti bike, Invariably get asked if it is from the cooler company. Uhm nope, Yeti bikes have been around much longer. People know the cooler though, good marketing I guess.

Army / Navy surplus stores can have great deals on outdoor gear.

I wasn't probably wasn't clear in what I meant. Not that you can't be loyal to a brand, I think that's what you are talking about and that's normal and makes sense. I'm that way with Toyota, Kershaw, a few gun makers, etc. I was talking more about the weird thing where people link themselves to a brand to the point they buy huge back window decals of the logo or stuff like that.

I'm wearing 5.11 pants currently now that you mention it.

I wasn't probably wasn't clear in what I meant. Not that you can't be loyal to a brand, I think that's what you are talking about and that's normal and makes sense. I'm that way with Toyota, Kershaw, a few gun makers, etc. I was talking more about the weird thing where people link themselves to a brand to the point they buy huge back window decals of the logo or stuff like that.

I think I turned you on to 5.11 some time back

Cefo1ANWwAA8Ibh.jpg

Merrell is for sure my favorite hiker shoe brand.

VN Store

Back