Gander Mountain Turkey Creek Closing

More evidence that the economy is about to rollover. Retail has taken a beating over the last 18 months, yet stock market is at an all time high... no manipulation or funny business going on there, though.

I think this is just a case of a poorly run business going down. Multiple people in this thread and elsewhere have stated GM participated in horrible business practices. The most egregious and most self-injuring being price gouging.

I think this is just a case of a poorly run business going down. Multiple people in this thread and elsewhere have stated GM participated in horrible business practices. The most egregious and most self-injuring being price gouging.

To a point, but I am redoing a bathroom in the house. Decided to use the Schluter shower kit for ceramic tile. Went to Flooring decor and they didn't have the offset drain I wanted. Schluter.com was $599 and a week out. Next .com that showed up was Amazon. The exact kit with the oil rubbed bronze drain, $484 ($115 savings), and it was here in two days.

Hard to beat Amazon for anything as a prime member.

To a point, but I am redoing a bathroom in the house. Decided to use the Schluter shower kit for ceramic tile. Went to Flooring decor and they didn't have the offset drain I wanted. Schluter.com was $599 and a week out. Next .com that showed up was Amazon. The exact kit with the oil rubbed bronze drain, $484 ($115 savings), and it was here in two days.

Hard to beat Amazon for anything as a prime member.

You're right about that. I use it for electronic door hardware because they even beat Lowes! If my customer can wait a couple of days, I always go that route.

You're right about that. I use it for electronic door hardware because they even beat Lowes! If my customer can wait a couple of days, I always go that route.

That what you do in Myrtle? I install, service, and diagnose Stanley WI-Q door locks as part of my 1000 things I do for my job. Lol

That what you do in Myrtle? I install, service, and diagnose Stanley WI-Q door locks as part of my 1000 things I do for my job. Lol

Yea I own a locksmith business down here. It being a tourist town, I do A LOT of electronic lock installs lol.

DOnyou guys have an REI in Knoxville??
I think Brentwood and Knoxville are the only 2 in the state. I shop in Brentwood so their store is convenient. I try to buy what I can at Cumberland Transit to support the locals but even if I'm willing to pay more than online plus sales tax the parking and traffic suck unless you wait for the hottest part of summer when Vandy is out and people don't want to be outdoors. The owner tells me that people come in all the time to be fitted for stuff and then leave explaining that they'll buy online. I don't know that I could keep my cool with that.

Any word on when the Knoxville location plans on shutting its doors?

I want to go and see if I can score some camping gear deals, but it is in Turkey Creek. Not worth it!

I want to go and see if I can score some camping gear deals, but it is in Turkey Creek. Not worth it!

They were almost out of everything camping and hiking g yesterday when I went

The Ace hardware in Oak Ridge closed. Ive never seen an Ace hardware close.

It was never open anyway!

As for Gander Mountain, they were overpriced. Either learn to setup your equipment for find a local tech that owns his business. He will work harder to earn future business. If you ever paid to have somebody set up a bow or mount a scope there, may god be with you. My 6 year old could probably have done a better job!

Love that open mind you have.

REI isn't really for outdoorsman anyways. While they do have some good gear it seems to cater towards the sorority and fraternity folk looking for a new Patagonia vest.

You forgot the 7 decals they need for each brand.

VN Store

Back