Gamecocks Snub White House

Glad South Carolina Gamecocks lost Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa because they snub the USA. hope they never win another game.

Reactions: 2 people
Is there any possibility that last years NCAA Champion women's basketball coach is
a reverse racist? Perish the thought:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
A white supremacist would have left the 3 black UCLA basketball players in China

Well now he wishes he would have because the thin-skinned man child got his feelings hurt by the infamously obnoxious Lavar Ball. His intentions were self-serving... as in 'look what I did for these black guys.'

Dawn Staley and the SC Gamecocks, like all the other past WCBB champions, should have been invited shortly after their win. All other invites had been exclusively for specific teams versus getting an invite 7-8 months later as part of an event. That in itself is a snub. Dawn said they would go if they got invited but that was months ago. Seeing Donnie handle other teams and players choosing to decline the invite like a petulant child probably soured her view on the prestige of being invited. Forced patriotism is not fun for most.

Reactions: 13 people
Well now he wishes he would have because the thin-skinned man child got his feelings hurt by the infamously obnoxious Lavar Ball. His intentions were self-serving... as in 'look what I did for these black guys.'

Dawn Staley and the SC Gamecocks, like all the other past WCBB champions, should have been invited shortly after their win. All other invites had been exclusively for specific teams versus getting an invite 7-8 months later as part of an event. That in itself is a snub. Dawn said they would go if they got invited but that was months ago. Seeing Donnie handle other teams and players choosing to decline the invite like a petulant child probably soured her view on the prestige of being invited. Forced patriotism is not fun for most.
She took a knee

More good news today.

The Vanderbilt women lost at home today to run their record to 0-4. They are 0-4 for the first time in their mediocre history.

It was Education Day inside Vanderbilt's cafegynatorium, and about 200 small children were the only people in attendance watching the game. Those kids cheered when Vandy scored, and they cheered when Ball State scored. Those kids were definitely having a good time.

Last edited:
He has had too much to fix that Obama messed up to worry about some lucky UConn didn't play them in the NC game natty chumpions.

Reactions: 4 people
All he's doing is defacing the history that came before him, whether it was Democratic or Republican. He's no different from the FREAKS in the Middle East that blew up thousands of years of history and art. He'll wind up on the same trash heap of history that they will.

Dawn's decision is only a footnote in a tawdry chapter of our history.

Reactions: 7 people
He has had too much to fix that Obama messed up to worry about some lucky UConn didn't play them in the NC game natty chumpions.

Just curious. What did Obama mess up?Was it..

Getting the economy back on track after the great crash of 2008 (What you don't remember that? Okay, I know fox news does not mention that so...)

Getting the US out of the Iraq quagmire?

Drastically cutting the number of people who did not have health insurance or eliminating the pre-existing condition clause.

Expanding tax breaks to the middle class?

Oh, I know, he ordered dijon mustard with his burger that one time. Just turrible.

Reactions: 13 people
Tennessee White House occasions:

1987: April 2, 1987
1989: April 20, 1989
1991: April 22, 1991
1996: May 20, 1996
1997: October 27, 1997 - exh. gm Nov. 4th, season opener on Nov. 18th
1998: November 10, 1998 - exh. gm Nov. 8th, season opener on Nov. 13th*
2007: September 21, 2007 - exh. gms Nov. 4th & 8th, season opener on Nov. 11th
2008: June 24, 2008

South Carolina White House occasions:

2017: November 17, 2017 - exh. gm Nov. 3rd, season opener on Nov. 10th, 2nd gm on Nov. 13th, 3rd gm on Nov. 16th, 4th gm on Nov. 19th

---------

The White House ceremony was on Friday November 17th. South Carolina had just played their 3rd game of the season, and had little time to prepare for their 4th game. The 2nd game was at Maryland. Had the ceremony been early this week, perhaps USC could've gone and still had some practice time back before again going on the road to Florida to possibly play 3 games in three days in the Gulf Coast Showcase tournament beginning this Friday.

* The trip for UT to the White House in 1998 came after they played an exhibition game against a team from Sweden named Visby (UT won 100-60), and 3 days before their season-opener at home versus unranked Portland. The #1-ranked Lady Vols would win 94-57, but then lose to 5th-ranked Purdue on the road two days later, on November 15th, 78-68. On the day of their trip to the White House, Lady Vol player Kellie Jolly reportedly stated the team practiced at 6 am that morning before getting on the plane.

But it is strange that any team - male or female, collegiate or professional - can't be honored for winning their respective championship right after they win. To wait until the next season begins, to pay respects to the previous season, seems odd to me. It's always stated that "last season is last season; this season is a whole new season; we're focusing on what's ahead and not dwelling on the past" in sports, but the schedule the White House came up with didn't really jive with that...

Reactions: 6 people
Tennessee White House occasions:

1987: April 2, 1987
1989: April 20, 1989
1991: April 22, 1991
1996: May 20, 1996
1997: October 27, 1997 - exh. gm Nov. 4th, season opener on Nov. 18th
1998: November 10, 1998 - exh. gm Nov. 8th, season opener on Nov. 13th*
2007: September 21, 2007 - exh. gms Nov. 4th & 8th, season opener on Nov. 11th
2008: June 24, 2008

South Carolina White House occasions:

2017: November 17, 2017 - exh. gm Nov. 3rd, season opener on Nov. 10th, 2nd gm on Nov. 13th, 3rd gm on Nov. 16th, 4th gm on Nov. 19th

---------

The White House ceremony was on Friday November 17th. South Carolina had just played their 3rd game of the season, and had little time to prepare for their 4th game. The 2nd game was at Maryland. Had the ceremony been early this week, perhaps USC could've gone and still had some practice time back before again going on the road to Florida to possibly play 3 games in three days in the Gulf Coast Showcase tournament beginning this Friday.

* The trip for UT to the White House in 1998 came after they played an exhibition game against a team from Sweden named Visby (UT won 100-60), and 3 days before their season-opener at home versus unranked Portland. The #1-ranked Lady Vols would win 94-57, but then lose to 5th-ranked Purdue on the road two days later, on November 15th, 78-68. On the day of their trip to the White House, Lady Vol player Kellie Jolly reportedly stated the team practiced at 6 am that morning before getting on the plane.

But it is strange that any team - male or female, collegiate or professional - can't be honored for winning their respective championship right after they win. To wait until the next season begins, to pay respects to the previous season, seems odd to me. It's always stated that "last season is last season; this season is a whole new season; we're focusing on what's ahead and not dwelling on the past" in sports, but the schedule the White House came up with didn't really jive with that...

Wow,, dis person got an interesting history.

Reactions: 1 person
Just curious. What did Obama mess up?Was it..

Getting the economy back on track after the great crash of 2008 (What you don't remember that? Okay, I know fox news does not mention that so...)

Getting the US out of the Iraq quagmire?

Drastically cutting the number of people who did not have health insurance or eliminating the pre-existing condition clause.

Expanding tax breaks to the middle class?

Oh, I know, he ordered dijon mustard with his burger that one time. Just turrible.

Love this post.
I wonder if he will invite the Ball family any time soon.
Have anyone considered that Obama was loved by our country athletes and a fan of women's basketball , no doubt playing one on one games with LeBron and Curry and Geno, but Trump is highly disliked by our sport's gladiators.
I will say this tho', Trump is the greatest Twitter athlete of our
time.
His arena.
I wouldn't go to the White House either,but it's a black thing.

Love this post.
I wonder if he will invite the Ball family any time soon.
Have anyone considered that Obama was loved by our country athletes and a fan of women's basketball , no doubt playing one on one games with LeBron and Curry and Geno, but Trump is highly disliked by our sport's gladiators.
I will say this tho', Trump is the greatest Twitter athlete of our
time.
His arena.
I wouldn't go to the White House either,but it's a black thing.

He will be your president the next 7 years.

Reactions: 3 people
He will be your president the next 7 years.

Typical bumpkin response. Your lord and savior will struggle to survive the 3 years remaining on his term, and he will continue to embarrass himself (and you) the entire time.

Beyond that, Harambe has a better chance of winning in 2020.

Reactions: 5 people
I think boycotting the White House is cheap...it represents the nation, and, whether we like it or not, Trump is and will be the President for at least three more years. You salute the uniform, not the person. That said, I would not put SCWBB in the realm of boycotting; they have games to play and the timing was horrendous. Graciously refusing an invitation due to prior commitments (games) is fine. And I haven’t read anything about Dawn being rude about it, just declined.

And if I understand prior timing of invitations correctly, I don’t blame her or the team for feeling at least a little insulted. If that’s the reason, it might come under “cut your nose off to spite your face” at some time in the future, but it’s their noses, their faces, their decisions. Live with your decisions and move forward. Nothing wrong with it unless you whine about it afterwards.

Now missing the Olympics because Carter decided to “make a statement “...that’s something you could whine about. Jmo.

VN Store

Back