Gamecocks Snub White House

What was the real reason they decided to not represent the SEC as National Champs at the White House?

I heard it was over a late invite. I know the world is getting way too political. I know it is not going to happen but It would be nice if sports was not a soap box for political views.

Reactions: 3 people
It was a purely political move. Dawn Staley does not like the President. She talked to her players about not going to the White House, and they agreed to boycott the President's invite.

Yet another reason to hope that involving themselves in politics will lead to a few upset losses this season.

I hope the Lady Vols defeat USC in both games, and I hope Ucon beats them by 50 points.

Reactions: 4 people
It was a purely political move. Dawn Staley does not like the President. She talked to her players about not going to the White House, and they agreed to boycott the President's invite.

Yet another reason to hope that involving themselves in politics will lead to a few upset losses this season.

I hope the Lady Vols defeat USC in both games, and I hope Ucon beats them by 50 points.

How do you know it was purely political??? Do you personally know her?? If you don't you need to stfu and stop falsely saying things you don't know about. Immediately after they won Dawn said she was open about going, 7 months passed and now they finally get an invitation. Dawn isn't going to up and go to the White House during the season for a self centered egotistical bigot. You wish it was political but no one else is feeding into your BS.

Reactions: 11 people
Dawn is a very big supporter of our program and always talks highly of us. So she's good people as far as I'm concerned.

People only whine about others being "political" when said political view doesn't align with theirs.

Reactions: 10 people
Dawn is a very big supporter of our program and always talks highly of us. So she's good people as far as I'm concerned.

People only whine about others being "political" when said political view doesn't align with theirs.

Coach Speak, and that is all it is.

Staley thrust herself into the political arena by refusing the White House invite.

Pat Summitt or Holly Warlick would never refuse a White House invite, no matter who the president was/is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
How do you know it was purely political??? Do you personally know her?? If you don't you need to stfu and stop falsely saying things you don't know about. Immediately after they won Dawn said she was open about going, 7 months passed and now they finally get an invitation. Dawn isn't going to up and go to the White House during the season for a self centered egotistical bigot. You wish it was political but no one else is feeding into your BS.

How dare someone say it's political!! It's not political when the president is a white supremacist who denied Hillary her rightful spot on the throne!

I am willing to bet that a majority, including USEe fans, believe it was political.

I am willing to bet also that Dawn Staley thinks of the President as you do.

Here's to two losses to the Lady Vols, and an Obliteration at the hands of UCONN.

Staley thrust herself into the political arena by refusing the White House invite.

Pat Summitt or Holly Warlick would never refuse a White House invite, no matter who the president was/is.

This is true and why I found the decision strange. It has to be a political decision otherwise, why disrespect the institution? The visit is about recognizing a great accomplishment and not about making a political statement. If they are upset about not being in the first group, they need to realize that only so many people can go to the White House at the same time and there are things going on outside the world of Women's Basketball that might demand the attention of the Executing Office that might affect the timing of the visit.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with politics...:thud:...that's just disgraceful to the program and the team misses out on a great opportunity...probably be some good food there too...:)...:peace2:

GO VOLS!
It was not political, they wanted to go, they snubbed them and then decided at the last minute to invite them. Why were they invited early like North Carolina? I don't blame SC for not going.

Reactions: 7 people

Don't tell anyone on this forum to STFU because you don't like what they are saying. You are a guest here so start acting like it.

Reactions: 6 people
I heard it was over a late invite. I know the world is getting way too political. I know it is not going to happen but It would be nice if sports was not a soap box for political views.
It seems to me a lot of the posters are the one's who want to bring politics into this.

I truly like smart coaches, Dawn is not smart to use the white house opportunity to get her team known to ppl. If she had gone to white House, they would've been on CNN, Trump would've been talking about them because they may be the only team to show up. And why is Vanderbilt women b.b coach running her mouth on Trump when she have not win a game this yr.

The Vandy women have also been KNEELING before their games. I guess Ms White and her players are more focused on "social change" than winning basketball games.

Vandy is now, I believe, 0-3 for the first time in their history.

I hope the Lady Vols are Undefeated against Vandy and USCe this season.

you are so wrong. They stated after they won the would welcome the chance to go. If it were political why was the invitation so late in coming? Do you dream this stuff up? If she didn't want to go then why did she publicly bemoan the fact that she didn't get an invite?

Reactions: 5 people

If it's coach speak, why don't more coaches do it?

To be fair, we've never had someone as despicable as Trump in the White House, so you really have nothing to base it on. We're in uncharted territory as a country right now and this is no different.

Typically the team that wins goes to the WH the following summer, so why was the invite so late? They can't go in the middle of the season. They can't stop what they're doing and run to the WH. The season is taking place right now. And until Dawn has made a political statement on the situation, then she hasn't made a damn thing political. The only ones who are are Trump stans, per usual.

Reactions: 9 people

And you know this how? One thing I knew about Pat was that she was fair and just. If her team wanted to decline I think she would consider the concerns of her players. If the white house truly wanted them, then why were they an after thought?

I am willing to bet that a majority, including USEe fans, believe it was political.

I am willing to bet also that Dawn Staley thinks of the President as you do.

Here's to two losses to the Lady Vols, and an Obliteration at the hands of UCONN.
you are ridiculous! How do you presume to know all of this?

you are so wrong. They stated after they won the would welcome the chance to go. If it were political why was the invitation so late in coming? Do you dream this stuff up? If she didn't want to go then why did she publicly bemoan the fact that she didn't get an invite?

Staley knew declining the invitation would be considered by people on the right and the left, as a political statement, even if it was not her intention.

But Staley and her players decided to snub the President anyway.

It does not put USCe, or the SEC, in a favorable light.

Last edited:
This is true and why I found the decision strange. It has to be a political decision otherwise, why disrespect the institution? The visit is about recognizing a great accomplishment and not about making a political statement. If they are upset about not being in the first group, they need to realize that only so many people can go to the White House at the same time and there are things going on outside the world of Women's Basketball that might demand the attention of the Executing Office that might affect the timing of the visit.
If it is to recognize champions then all should be recognized, when he rescinded offer to Warriors he could have plugged them in. When North Carolina declined he could have plugged them in. So why the late invitation? To me it looks like a lack of respect for the women's game.

Reactions: 7 people
The Vandy women have also been KNEELING before their games. I guess Ms White and her players are more focused on "social change" than winning basketball games.

Vandy is now, I believe, 0-3 for the first time in their history.

I hope the Lady Vols are Undefeated against Vandy and USCe this season.

💩 Vandy! I hope they lose every game. All 8 Vandy fans may not come to their games. Pathetic

VN Store

Back