Game Thread: Tennessee (17-10, 10-5 SEC) @ #1/#1 South Carolina (24-0, 14-0 SEC) 3/3/24 12:00 pm EST ESPN

Dauda needs to transfer to Tennessee.

She looks like she wants to improve so badly but she is not getting any interior coaching. More and more they are wanting her to jack up threes. It’s mind boggling.

Reactions: travis929
We missed 6 free throws, Sara made 1 of 7 field goal attempts, Tess was 0 for 4 on 3 point attempts, and Tamari and Jillian did not make a field goal (they each made 2 foul shots).

We can do better.

Tess Darby had 6rbs 1 assist 1 to 5 points
Tess Darby haD Two bounce out on her.
Know close only counts in horse shoes.
DIDN'T think she played that bad on defense.

Reactions: brittannica
No, it doesn't. You and others have said it millions of times. Others having a different opinion on it doesn't mean it's "swept under the rug".
Different opinion falls under the label “agenda”.

I am proud pf the whole operation today, notwithstanding the loss...
This game meant something to us, yes a double bye
It also meant a heckuva lot to SC,,,It was their Undefeated regular season ending
So they HAD to win,,,they had reason to win,,,and we, being the giant-killer we are known to be,,,,gave them a run for their money

SO yeah, I am gonna take some win from this loss
The coach coached!
she worked the ref
she timeout'ed on two runs
Subbing,,,a little erratic but it worked out

The Mj shone for 29 points,,,errr I mean RJ
Jazzy is hitting a stride that has the potential to put her under the nation's eyes
Spear is back at "fear the spear" game

Now lets run the dam thing
We've got something to build on,,we just stood toe-to-toe with SC
and in sports
the third time is often the charm

I am proud pf the whole operation today, notwithstanding the loss...
This game meant something to us, yes a double bye
It also meant a heckuva lot to SC,,,It was their Undefeated regular season ending
So they HAD to win,,,they had reason to win,,,and we, being the giant-killer we are known to be,,,,gave them a run for their money

SO yeah, I am gonna take some win from this loss
The coach coached!
she worked the ref
she timeout'ed on two runs
Subbing,,,a little erratic but it worked out

The Mj shone for 29 points,,,errr I mean RJ
Jazzy is hitting a stride that has the potential to put her under the nation's eyes
Spear is back at "fear the spear" game

Now lets run the dam thing
We've got something to build on,,we just stood toe-to-toe with SC
and in sports
the third time is often the charm

What games have you been watching? Spear was 5-15 today. She's been bad in both SC games and LSU.
I don't know who "Jazzy" is but I'm sure you're overrating her significantly as well.

What games have you been watching? Spear was 5-15 today. She's been bad in both SC games and LSU.
I don't know who "Jazzy" is but I'm sure you're overrating her significantly as well.
spear hit when it was needed today
and last game they had her targeted from the gitgo
Jazzy JP, played much more under control and with smarts today.

give em credit or not,,,and I'll do me

Last edited:
Rickea came here so someone can take her NIL money. Powell is leaving don't know how much she makes. Other than those two would have to be new money.
That just sounds silly. Name likeness in image are contracts that players set up with companies that pay them money to use their name as a representative of a brand. Just because Rickea is leaving doesn't mean the company would necessarily give the same amount of dollars or any dollars to another player.

Reactions: travis929
That just sounds silly. Name likeness in image are contracts that players set up with companies that pay them money to use their name as a representative of a brand. Just because Rickea is leaving doesn't mean the company would necessarily give the same amount of dollars or any dollars to another player.
Not with the exact same deals she has but collectives work the deals these days and pay out the money. They can now make offers to athletes in high school and the money will come from boosters, regular fans, and company sponsors. Some athletes will get an agent who will make the deals for them. Others will do absolutely nothing except be paid through funds collected by a collective. Going to be pay for play real soon if it isn't already after the recent court ruling.

Reactions: madtownvol

give em creditor not,,,and I'll do me
Played and coached much better. Not good enough to win but better. Rj made a couple crucial mistakes late but she carries the load so it is what it is. Going to be a tough draw coming out of the mid seeds in the tournament. SC is starting to feel the pressure of that win streak.

give em credit or not,,,and I'll do me
They targeted RJ too, and she still got hers. Jewel doesn't have that quality against elite teams.

Played and coached much better. Not good enough to win but better. Rj made a couple crucial mistakes late but she carries the load so it is what it is. Going to be a tough draw coming out of the mid seeds in the tournament. SC is starting to feel the pressure of that win streak.
They seem to be lately, but I think UT gets the credit here, they just match up so well against SC, and tbh SC cannot figure out how to play the LV’s in spite of talent advantages. Credit to the UT staff here, they have played #1 twice now and do it better than any other team so far. CKH made some nice adjustments @ SC since the last game in Knoxville, and during this past game she was on point. UT was in both games late. But the harder job was at SC and she did even better there than the game in Tenn. She adjusts quite well, just ask CDS.

And no, SC fans don’t relish another matchup, just read the posts there. The only other teams in the SEC that bother SC fans from a matchup point of view are LSU and maybe OM if they play on fire. But UT seems to know the formula better than most. Credit the UT coaches here, doing it with less it would seem.

Imagine in the NCAA tourney, if UT is an 8 or 9 seed, even a 7 seed. That bracket likely does not appreciate the SOS and loss of RJ for 8 games…..the LV’s might just make some hay and tbh the way they play the #1 would lead me to believe they can make a big run. Thats not hyperbole, that is reality. Playing the #1 on their home court to within 8 points tells me on a neutral court big things can happen against any team, even against a home type team not #1 in the first few games. @ lsu was the only game(s) closer or equal so far for SC…they were never in true danger @UNC, always were in control late.

I know, post was too long.

Last edited:
Imagine in the NCAA tourney, if UT is an 8 or 9 seed, even a 7 seed. That bracket likely does not appreciate the SOS and loss of RJ for 8 games…..the LV’s might just make some hay and tbh the way they play the #1 would lead me to believe they can make a big run. Thats not hyperbole, that is reality. Playing the #1 on their home court to within 8 points tells me on a neutral court big things can happen against any team, even against a home type team not #1 in the first few games.
Charlie's current bracket has us as an 8 seed against Kansas, which Massey would have us winning 72-68. Then playing UCLA on their home court and losing 73-65. I don't hate that matchup - I feel like UCLA is similar to South Carolina but with worse perimeter shooting.

Still think if we beat Alabama, we're at least a 7 seed.

Still think if we beat Alabama, we're at least a 7 seed.
That game is going to be huge. Get our next lick back. After that I feel like the semis against SC is just playing on house money. If not our 3rd game in 3 days and depending so heavily on RJ and JP's mins, I would say it's our best chance against SC.

VN Store

Back