Game Thread Lady Vols vs UNCW

But the players that we needed to play better, be a lil more consistent did step up in Diamond's absent, that's all I wanted to see, how was Nunn, Meme and Alexa, would step up, mainly the two guards. How would they respond?

If they can play and sustain that level, we should be fine in the SEC. If Reynolds, and Alexa or Meme can play solid, then we are able to play Nared at the four, mane that's a good mismatch, and a strong lineup, guard out, Nunn in, I've been liking that lineup, then Nared moves to the 3, we would prolly see a lil more of this going into the SEC.

Go Lady Vols. I back Pat and roll with HOlly! Beep Beep!

Last edited:
That slow start problem remains. UNCW were terribly overmatched and the LVs got away with a very lackluster defensive start through much of the 1st half. Had they had one of their off shooting nights (and Russel not a 6 to 7 advantage over other posts), the LVs could have easily trailed in the first half. The bright spot is that Diamond will be back. Without her, the team is missing offensive options and some ability to press defensively.

Welp here's to an All SEC first team performance, hopefully Diamond is on it, along with Nared and Mercedes, that means we have to win league. If two players makes the All SEC First team, then we come in second. We are going to be a tough team to beat, if we defend and rebound Reynolds stay playing this way.

Last edited:
I have watched three games in person this year.
It enables me to not only see what tv and internet viewers see, but what they don't see as well. Fan reactions. Bench reactions. How the team does during timeouts. How the coaches do in timeouts, . . Many things.

When I have an athlete that wants to play,
she will SHOW IT somehow!!!

There is a reason this girl is getting no minutes:
...Level of play...coachability...level of professionalism when in practice...Injury that I don't know about...Etc>>>>>>>

There is a reason that this girl didn't get "obvious minutes".

And you can't compare her to Meme. Meme is lightyears more gifted physically. All it took to get Meme going was the right words.

Oops, I meant to write Harris is more unpolished and less ready than Jackson. A better rewrite would be that she is less polished and less prepared. And I agree with you, that Kamara is less athletic overall but she is a proverbial big body and, based on her credentials, paint defender. So, that role calls for a different kind of athleticism than a guard.

But, I think the overall theme of my response is that Harris is not ready for prime time and that complaints about her not getting many minutes are puzzling.

I agree that Jackson is a very different case but last year, there was a lot of "why no Meme?" and I presume that the coaching staff felt she was not ready; this year she looks like a different player. Her shot has improved drastically as has her overall court sense and feel for the game. I had presumed that more than just the delivering of "magic words" were responsible - but could extra work, training, and watching game film have just maybe have supplemented those special alpha words that I presume, you the horse whisperer of Women's B-ball, provided?

Per Harris, she is a different kind of player. MY point is that with an off season of work and development, that she might be able to effectively fill a role -- Kamara give us five to seven minutes of solid post and grab some boards..."

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Oops, I meant to write Harris is more unpolished and less ready than Jackson. A better rewrite would be that she is less polished and less prepared. And I agree with you, that Kamara is less athletic overall but she is a proverbial big body and, based on her credentials, paint defender. So, that role calls for a different kind of athleticism than a guard.

But, I think the overall theme of my response is that Harris is not ready for prime time and that complaints about her not getting many minutes are puzzling.

I agree that Jackson is a very different case but last year, there was a lot of "why no Meme?" and I presume that the coaching staff felt she was not ready; this year she looks like a different player. Her shot has improved drastically as has her overall court sense and feel for the game. I had presumed that more than just the delivering of "magic words" were responsible - but could extra work, training, and watching game film have just maybe have supplemented those special alpha words that I presume, you the horse whisperer of Women's B-ball, provided?

Per Harris, she is a different kind of player. MY point is that with an off season of work and development, that she might be able to effectively fill a role -- Kamara give us five to seven minutes of solid post and grab some boards..."

Two games ago Meme reinvented herself and began to play a totally different game.
I think she will continue.

I can't figure Kamera out.
I watch the pre-game drills and sidelines intently when at games.
Can't figure what or if she will figure into this year, or beyond.
Are we waiting to unveil her?
Or cutting strings early?

Holly ain't go nowhere. Lady Vol 4 life.

Fire Holly! Pretty much means you suck!

And Happy New Years Eve!

Fire Holly! Fire Law. Fire Dean. Fire Fans!

And I want to make sure that, when we the Lady Vols and Holly has success, you all eat crow. dat part!

If Harris were playing for the likes of an Emory and Henry College, she might be able to contribute sometime, somewhere, some way, in her career! I'll go out on a limb ( dangerous thing to do), and say that her minutes at Tennessee will always be limited. Holly desperately needed a warm body...she got what she needed, a warm body. Sorry, her skill set is not SEC caliber, never will be. I'll eat all the crow you want to serve up, if this ever changes. I wish her the best, seems like a nice kid, but she just is not an SEC player. Dunbar seems to be pressing, shot just isn't falling. I don't know how much she can contribute. Hope she finds her shot...and can help as season progresses. Middleton seems to be gaining much needed confidence, as well as Meme Jackson. Those two players need to continue solid play for this team to even win half of their games in SEC play! Nunn is average, nothing outstanding, but can eat up some minutes. Her game against some of the other big bodies in the SEC will be challenging, and I'm trying to be nice. Mercedes, Jaime, Diamond will have to play on an All SEC first team level for this team to have success. Reynolds is an X factor for me...she has to show up and perform...against SEC competition, not just the like of a UNCW...

Reactions: 1 person
If Harris were playing for the likes of an Emory and Henry College, she might be able to contribute sometime, somewhere, some way, in her career! I'll go out on a limb ( dangerous thing to do), and say that her minutes at Tennessee will always be limited. Holly desperately needed a warm body...she got what she needed, a warm body. Sorry, her skill set is not SEC caliber, never will be. I'll eat all the crow you want to serve up, if this ever changes. I wish her the best, seems like a nice kid, but she just is not an SEC player. Dunbar seems to be pressing, shot just isn't falling. I don't know how much she can contribute. Hope she finds her shot...and can help as season progresses. Middleton seems to be gaining much needed confidence, as well as Meme Jackson. Those two players need to continue solid play for this team to even win half of their games in SEC play! Nunn is average, nothing outstanding, but can eat up some minutes. Her game against some of the other big bodies in the SEC will be challenging, and I'm trying to be nice. Mercedes, Jaime, Diamond will have to play on an All SEC first team level for this team to have success. Reynolds is an X factor for me...she has to show up and perform...against SEC competition, not just the like of a UNCW...

I actually think that is a fair assessment. If Harris wants to play (which I assume is the case), she would be better off at a lower tier program.

Are we really talking about the lack of playing time for Harris?

Wow! We are reaching. If she was ready. She would be playing simply as that, but there's no way she's better than Mercedes or Nunn at the 5 spot.

Mercedes needs as many minutes as possible, she has goals like every other player.

Nice posts Mad and Hokie.

...Reynolds is an X factor for me...she has to show up and perform...against SEC competition, not just the like of a UNCW...

Reynolds isn't just an X Factor, as the point guard she may be the most important player on the floor for Tennessee. Either her or Middleton as the point guard must play well, change that too very well, for this team to make any kind of run at a Final Four. In the last few games Reynolds has elevated her play better than I have seen her yet in her career at Tennessee. As you say she has to do it consistently against better competition than the likes of UNCW and Troy. I hope she can.

VN Store

Back