Game Thread Lady Vols vs Texas

As rocky as this game was at times, it makes me excited to watch the rest of the season. This team is showing tremendous potential. GO LADY VOLS!!

Reactions: 2 people
Ugh...quit fouling and lose with dignity already.

The freshmen looked really good tonight. Hayes can get to the rim against anyone it seems. Westbrook looks great when she's ready to pull the shooting trigger.

Beat win in Holly's tenure, and a well deserved one. The door was open for the freshmen to fold in the 4th quarter, and they pulled it out.

Reactions: 3 people
Thought for sure we would blow it, instead wire to wire win over the #2 team in the nation.

Go Lady Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
They never got the lead. They got it down to one point but could never get the lead. The Lady Vols took the game in the last quarter.

After a slow start Hayes came on in the second two quarters. She made some plays I am really proud of these freshmen they played as well as you could expect freshmen to play today.

Well Frozen, gotta disagree with you!! Young players will make mistakes, know Pat would be unhappy with their play during the last two minutes, never knew her to be unhappy about a win!!!

Reactions: 3 people
This was the game where Tennessee gained respect as a team. We won a lot of games by big margins but this game means you are for real.

we the fans has stress watching, but the team on the floor played through some mistakes they would have preferred not to make. Embrace the win as fans a win most folks didn't expect. What better game to show our freshmen they made the right decision to come together as LVs.

The defense this team plays is far different than anything we saw last few season. They force turnovers and mental errors by the opposing team.

Reactions: 1 person
This was the game where Tennessee gained respect as a team. We won a lot of games by big margins but this game means you are for real.

I thought this game would tell a lot about this team, and they didn't disappoint. The way they controlled Texas' backcourt for most of the game was very impressive.

Well Frozen, gotta disagree with you!! Young players will make mistakes, know Pat would be unhappy with their play during the last two minutes, never knew her to be unhappy about a win!!!

And I never knew her to be happy about sloppy, error-ridden play regardless of the outcome. Our players get an A++ for 40 mins of effort, which is a vast improvement over last year, but otherwise we won simply because Texas played worse than we did.

VN Store

Back