Game Thread Lady Vols vs Texas

It will be tough for us to win at SC and very tough for them to win in Knoxville. Huge advantage at home for any team especially when you have a crowd like we had today. That is what makes Stanford so good at home they have a powerful atmosphere for their team. We'll have to play really well to win there. Even UConn has lost there a few times when they were the far better team.

9000 isn't a big crowd... was very disappointed they had so few yesterday.

People was still skeptical and I think now many believe and I expect attendance to improve. The Vandy game on Jan. 7 will show an improvement in attendance and I think by the Miss State arrives it will be a packed house.

Reactions: 1 person
Really glad for the win but if you appreciate really good basketball this was a tough game to watch. Positives? Yes! Execution? (Efficiency?) No! Share the ball? No! Westbrook had as many Assists vs Troy than the total Assists today. Still, 85 points a Positive? Yes! Defense and rebounding? Good! Yes! A to To? NO!

Really glad for the win but if you appreciate really good basketball this was a tough game to watch. Positives? Yes! Execution? (Efficiency?) No! Share the ball? No! Westbrook had as many Assists vs Troy than the total Assists today. Still, 85 points a Positive? Yes! Defense and rebounding? Good! Yes! A to To? NO!

The one on one sure worked for this game. The coaches must have saw something in the Texas game films.

The one on one sure worked for this game. The coaches must have saw something in the Texas game films.

Our players were quicker! Everyone was taking the ball to the hoop . All seven of our players drove past their defensive players.... even Green and Mercedes!

9000 isn't a big crowd... was very disappointed they had so few yesterday.

The attendance number was average for Tennessee, sure. But the people who attended were so loud and focused on staying completely into the the game and supporting the Lady Vols from start to finish = IMPRESSIVE CROWD.

Reactions: 3 people
The attendance number was average for Tennessee, sure. But the people who attended were so loud and focused on staying completely into the the game and supporting the Lady Vols from start to finish = IMPRESSIVE CROWD.

Yea I was hoping it would be close to 12k or more... I think the interest will rebuild but also live streaming has taken away having to the to a game 😞... I think this group of freshman will get more people in the stand

The thing I like about this team is they don't fold when the pressure builds. They may hit a snag, but they recover, put the nose to the grind stone and keep fighting. That is a major difference from the last two years.

Was watching 2nd half in a restaurant. On the dbl tech Texas committed a line violation on the in bounds before the foul calls. Did anyone explain how they then got possession? Back court ref called the violation.
I wondered the same thing.

A win is a win. No argument. The one on one action I watched, though, resulted in a lot of missed shots when there were numerous better available shots with a pass to a more open guy. Shooting efficiency was not one of my takeaways from this game. I'm not trying to take anything away from the win. Or, all the positives either. The season didn't end yesterday and a FF appearance is going to require better basketball than I watched yesterday. Fortunately, Texas didn't play as well and my takeaway there is they were overrated with a No. 2 ranking

It was in my scouting report...
TX- Susceptible to dribble drives and penetrate and dishes

A win is a win. No argument. The one on one action I watched, though, resulted in a lot of missed shots when there were numerous better available shots with a pass to a more open guy. Shooting efficiency was not one of my takeaways from this game. I'm not trying to take anything away from the win. Or, all the positives either. The season didn't end yesterday and a FF appearance is going to require better basketball than I watched yesterday. Fortunately, Texas didn't play as well and my takeaway there is they were overrated with a No. 2 ranking

Now you're thinking like a coach....

At this point Jaime and Mercedes are on their way to the next level. They have to continue to shine to stay a high pick...Meme and Cheridene know they will be the senior leadership next year, so they have reason to up their game...Kamera is the only Sophomore...And then there is the Freshman.

Most games are 60-85 points. For Jaime and Cedes to get their 40 points a night, it leaves 20+ for the others....That won't work....This causes players to force shots or drives.

This is where the coaching of personalities comes in...Knowing how to ask,
"Does your stats matter or do you want a championship on your re'sume'?"..."Which d you think will stand out?"

Last edited:
That is the exact type of basketball that it takes to make the FF... bruising, tough, ugly. Pretty basketball does not equal good basketball.

TOs were my only big issue to clean up. Great game by the LVs. Texas is loaded with talent.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back