Game Thread Lady Vols vs Texas

There will be five basketball players named Hayes at Sunday's game. Yes, FIVE!
This includes Annie Hayes, her three younger sisters, plus Madison Hayes (unrelated), a guard from Ooltewah, TN. I pity the poor stadium and broadcast announcers three years from now. LOL

Do you know of any other recruits that will be there?

If anyone is interested, a friend has two tickets in Section 101, row 17 that she will sell for $20. And I have one in row 15 that I will give to a local fan who is willing to sit next to me.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
There will be five basketball players named Hayes at Sunday's game. Yes, FIVE!
This includes Annie Hayes, her three younger sisters, plus Madison Hayes (unrelated), a guard from Ooltewah, TN. I pity the poor stadium and broadcast announcers three years from now. LOL

That is okay as long as we have the best Hayes. Our Hayes is a gutsy player. She goes among the trees without fear. Sometimes not always a good idea but she will learn. I just love our freshmen’s hustle and aggressivness.

Maria M. Cornelius‏ @mmcornelius

Some elite players will be @LadyVol_Hoops' game Sunday, including @iamthathooper, Zia Cooke, three sisters of @AnastasiaHaye12, @girl4allsports, @madd1escherr and more in classes of 2019 to 2022.

Last edited:
I am ready to get this game started we can compete and win Georgia had tons of looks if we win It will earn us respect

Biggest visitor will be Rickea Jackson, the 2nd ranked player in 2019.

Zia Cooke rated higher by Hoopgurlz but only 49 Prospect Nation. One is a guard and other a wing.
The Hayes sisters are a given for 2019 and 2020 and 22! Big game all around.... Go LadyVols

both teams have played cupcakes so far this season, so should be a test for both. I don't believe Texas is as good as their rating (#2/#4), but still good enough to rattle Holly. :gone::gone:

both teams have played cupcakes so far this season, so should be a test for both. I don't believe Texas is as good as their rating (#2/#4), but still good enough to rattle Holly. :gone::gone:

I tend to agree. I watched their last two games on tv and I think they have over-powered much weaker teams. . . Of note, they beat Troy by 3 points.

I think it will be less about: what TX brings and more about what TN brings

Reactions: 4 people
I tend to agree. I watched their last two games on tv and I think they have over-powered much weaker teams. . . Of note, they beat Troy by 3 points.

I think it will be less about: what TX brings and more about what TN brings

Was the Troy game an exhibition? I don’t see it on their schedule.

Zia Cooke rated higher by Hoopgurlz but only 49 Prospect Nation. One is a guard and other a wing.
The Hayes sisters are a given for 2019 and 2020 and 22! Big game all around.... Go LadyVols

I don’t think the Hayes sisters are a given just yet. No one is a “given”, imo, until they’ve signed on the dotted line.

I’m sure Stanford thought KLS would be a given as well and we see where she ended up.

Massey has the two squads ranked closer together with Texas @ 8 and Tennessee @ 12. I think that is probably much more indicative of where the two teams really are at this stage in the season. Last year Texas had a ridiculous early schedule. This year it is much more toned down but having already played two SEC teams I am sure they are ready for a battle. I hope this is a really good game. I would expect the MOV to be 8 or less.

Rickea Jackson from Detroit Edison can do it all. A must get for Tennessee Coaching staff for the class of 2019. Coach Summit used to come to the state of Michigan, in the 80's and recruit and get all of the top players in our state. I get the watch her play on a regular basis. She has that WOW factor in all phases of her game. Lets start the pipeline all over again!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back