Game Thread Lady Vols vs Alabama

Hard to believe we can't score on this team. Horrible shooting weak defense. Here we go again really regressing as a team.

Reactions: 1 person
12-0 run by Bama to give them a 29-25 lead at the half. If Tennessee is running any semblance of an offense, I can't see it.

Reactions: 2 people
Down to the juggernaut Alabama at home by 4 at the half. There are bigger problems in KTown than a lot of posters are willing to admit.

Reactions: 3 people
Anybody have a good word to describe what WTH is going on? We will never make it past the 2nd level in the NCAA tourney. Very over rated. No consistancy and no aggressive play. MR was and is still overated. Lazy on defense. SOS.

Shooting 30 percent Russell 1 for 6. Picked a bad day to have a terrible game. Freaking Bama owns Holly and Tennessee in almost every sport.

12-0 run by Bama to give them a 29-25 lead at the half. If Tennessee is running any semblance of an offense, I can't see it.

This is ridiculous, can Russell and this group spell defense? Are we allergic to offensive rebounds and blocking out? This team is sleep 😴 walking, again.

well, it's amazing how I can see these girls change from one quarter to the next...what happened...repeat after me...it's all in your head...it's all in your head...ok, maybe your legs also...I just hope they can rise above, dig down and find something good to play for so they can play better ball...:)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think they would have some energy to beat Bama having lost three in a row but this doesn't seem true. 21 to 10 in that quarter should never happen.

I am officially off the Dunbar train. :(

Not so fast Gule. I will say this in Kort's defense, they don't run any double screen action or any kind of screen action for her at all. They have her cut across the baseline, but they don't look for her their eyes are always on Cedes.

Oh how I hope Tennessee comes out for the second half ready to get the blowout victory. I honestly would not be able to handle a fourth consecutive loss to Alabama.

Surely it won't happen. It just CAN'T! :unsure:

Oh how I hope Tennessee comes out for the second half ready to get the blowout victory. I honestly would not be able to handle a fourth consecutive loss to Alabama.

Surely it won't happen. It just CAN'T! :unsure:

It probably wont and shouldnt happen. But anyone who has watched these TN teams the last few years has to know anything can and might happen.

Figured out the formula. The first quarter we see some semblance of an offense and some defense. Second, third, and until five minutes left in the fourth we trade baskets with the other team, while still being terrible at defense. And with five minutes to go in the fourth we turn up the D and look live we can beat anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
They look great when their running, but if Bama can set up their defense, TN looks lost. This is one of those games where they'll need to create offense from their defense.

Release The Hound (Hayes)

VN Store

Back