Game Thread Lady Vols at North Carolina

Apparently moving screens aren't fouls either...

This is a strange new game we are watching. It looks like basketball but is played completely differently.

I'm also still not sold on Burdick! I know she has the skill set to hit shots, but often does. She seems a bit slow as well! Game NOT pretty at all! I think we are a bit too highly ranked as of now.

How did we not land Deshields when her mom was a track athlete at UT?

Some of these games are so ragged and sloppy they are hard to watch--and the often silly foul calls make it worse.

Burdick has not been good in this game and she is usually pretty steady and a solid shooter.

Reactions: 1 person
I assume both Izzy and Russell have too many fouls to be on the floor.

We are better when we have them in. Simmons was out with two in the first couple of minutes. One of them she was just standing there when the girl came down on her.

One thing is for sure... under the new rules we will get to see a lot of the bench players.

We need to work on scoring closer to the basket. Too many three point shots. We've made some but it's not a recipe for winning against good teams. Burdick's strength is spot-up shooting for 10-15-feet. When she tries to do more bad things happen. Are we going to see more of Carter with Massengale rather than Simmons?

Carter is quickly becoming my favorite she is just fluid in her play, russell has dissapointed me a bit with her play but overall good game so far.
Would be big to beat two top 30 teams on the road and then knock off Chattanooga for revenge's sake.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back