Game Thread Lady Vols at North Carolina

Does Russell always shoot free throws poorly or is she having a bad night? She is going to get to the line a lot so she needs to shoot a high percentage.

^^^^^This right here. OMG...I couldn't believe my eyes that she's having trouble shooting a simple shot as a FT. The #1 rated player in the country & she can't hit a free throw?? This ain't no CP3 we got here. Looks to me like Holly needs to give all practice time to her by teaching her how to shoot free throws. I've seen too many important games, in women's & men's, loosing at the FT line & we need players to win games at the FT line.

The staff is surprised at Mercedes' struggle at the line. She is general an excellent free throw shooter. Maybe she just needs to settle down and get back in her groove.

Yes, I'm sure she will be a great player for us at UT. But darn, there's no need to freeze up & shy away from playing the game you've been playing since you were little. As far as I'm concerned, she's going to have to show me a little more than what's she's been bringing to the dance lately.

I expect Mercedes to have nerves until she gets a few home games under her belt. She want shoot 3 of 13 from the line. I think for the season she will still be over 70 percent and we'll see her confidence grow with every game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back