Game Thread Lady Vols at Florida

Size doesn't matter against the LVs. Hello Auburn? The other 6 teams that the LVs lost to I would suffice that TN had the height advantage. CHW is not a good enough coach to make adjustments or have a sound game plan in order to use the height advantage at her disposal to have success. Last season and this season is a testament to that.

With that being said. After TN's power play with all LVs getting playing time against Vanderbilt they looked like a team that should beat Florida handedly.

But we've been down that road before. No pregame predictions from me.

I'm just hoping for a fast fun filled game with the LVs coming out on top. One game at a time and hope for the best. It's been like that going on two years now. :crazy:

GOLadyVols!:)

And that's where the weapons part I referenced comes in. I don't think that Florida's guards are not as experienced or as good offensively/defensively as Auburn's or Ole Miss', so I can't imagine what Florida can do to hurt Tennessee. Maybe Ronni Williams, but she's one person. Once they lost Elena C., their status as a dangerous team went out the window, and their record since she left reflects that.

This is almost as much of a guaranteed win as Vanderbilt. They'll win by showing up. They would have to play significantly worse than they did against Auburn or Ole Miss to actually lose this game.

Reactions: 1 person
And that's where the weapons part I referenced comes in. I don't think that Florida's guards are not as experienced or as good offensively/defensively as Auburn's or Ole Miss', so I can't imagine what Florida can do to hurt Tennessee. Maybe Ronni Williams, but she's one person. Once they lost Elena C., their status as a dangerous team went out the window, and their record since she left reflects that.

This is almost as much of a guaranteed win as Vanderbilt. They'll win by showing up. They would have to play significantly worse than they did against Auburn or Ole Miss to actually lose this game.

Thanks for the encouragement! :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that you're right.

If we did not learn from the Auburn game get ready for another loss at Florida. I suspect they will hit us with the trap and press and we have to make the adjustment no matter how many players it takes to get the ball in frontcourt.

Florida does not press like aurburn. They run zone

I'm doing terrible, can't sit, can't stand up, can't lay down.... without PAIN

Pretty sure I'll miss the Fl game. Even if tomorrow I feel better, I'm not driving 250 miles round trip and sitting thru a ball game too.

Pretty sure I'll miss the Fl game. Even if tomorrow I feel better, I'm not driving 250 miles round trip and sitting thru a ball game too.

I'm sorry, I know you had looked forward to it. Hope you feel better soon.:crossfingers:

Heating pad and anti-inflammatory drugs with rest should help!

1 to 10 i rank Middleton's speed at a 4. If Florida has fast guards we're screwed.

True, A\M does have difficulty with the quicker guards, but for Delicia #00, I would use someone else anyway, because she is a lefty (Or at least goes left easily) and A\M has a tough time with lefty's.

Besides, right now I would have her concentrating on staying in her present offensive-state of play, she needs to maintain this level for Ut to keep on track.

I have a 10 am appt with our chiropractor to try to get this back straightened out. man, this has been a bad one.... :(

wish me luck!

Go Ladies!

84 - 82

Virginia Tech, Penn State, Baylor, Texas, Miss State, Ole Miss and Auburn. Count it!

That's 7 losses so far!

I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. So I go and check last season's record and discover that we lost to Florida!

SO yeah. The angst of beating Florida is real. :cray:

Virginia Tech, Penn State, Baylor, Texas, Miss State, Ole Miss and Auburn. Count it!

That's 7 losses so far!

I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. So I go and check last season's record and discover that we lost to Florida!

SO yeah. The angst of beating Florida is real. :cray:

"Oh, ye, of little faith"

They're ready for this.:clapping:

Florida seems to have taken a big step back from last year. Plus Christinaki left for Maryland so I highly doubt the Lady Vols lose this one.

I hope we can win tonight. I expect it to be a single digit game. I don't think we'll overwhelm them in their arena and judging from the way we play on the road could go either way.

"Oh, ye, of little faith"

They're ready for this.:clapping:

I enjoyed that Vandy game so much I've watched twice. Except for that awful 3rd quarter the LVs played some fun basketball.

Even Kamera got into the game.

I was eyeing Kortney especially. She's a pretty good rebounder. I don't understand the under utilization of her to get easy baskets in the paint. She could and should do more posting up. Also the word is out that she's a 3pt shooter. She could ball fake from the 3pt line and attack the basket for midrange shots or layups.

I'm going crazy thinking about the lack of developing the players from CHW. Kortney Dunbar is a junior and she's not even getting more than 10 minutes a game because CHW does not know how to implement her into a game plan.

I am so frustrated wondering what could become of the LVs if they had someone to coach them properly.

Tell you what I'm nervous right now. Everyone else on here appear to be thinking that he LVs will run away with a win in Florida. Not me because I'm just not sure.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

With that being said I hope all of y'all are right and I am wrong.

Go Lady Vols beat Florida, please for my sanity.

Last edited:
Florida seems to have taken a big step back from last year. Plus Christinaki left for Maryland so I highly doubt the Lady Vols lose this one.

Yeah that Christianki girl did a number on the LVs last season. She played like an all-star against us.

Lately the LVs seem to always have an opposing player get a career night against them.

Keep your eye on Ronni Williams. If she has a career night you read it here first.:acute:

I hope we can win tonight. I expect it to be a single digit game. I don't think we'll overwhelm them in their arena and judging from the way we play on the road could go either way.[/QUOTE]

That's just it. It could go either way. :crazy:

Hoping for the best!

GOLadyVols!:)

Looking good so far! Playing team ball, still looking at the other team (Florida) rebound easily instead of boxing out/putting a body on someone to minimize second chance shots.

So far Russell is standing around and not being aggressive. She needs to attack the boards on both ends, perhaps this is the reason she is not listed high on the WNBA draft board.

VN Store

Back