Game Thread Lady Vols at Florida

It will be interesting to see if the Lady Vols play a sagging zone to make the Gamecocks beat them from the outside. I have not followed the Gamecocks very much so I don't know how much of an outside threat they have. What little I have seen is that they have a strong inside game.

It will be interesting to see if the Lady Vols play a sagging zone to make the Gamecocks beat them from the outside. I have not followed the Gamecocks very much so I don't know how much of an outside threat they have. What little I have seen is that they have a strong inside game.

The SC shooters are Allisha Gray (35.3% -24 makes), Kaela Davis (36.5% - 35 makes) and Bianca Cuevas Moore (38.9% - 21 makes). They are all streaky, but have all had games where they have absolutely lit it up from downtown. Of the three, I think Gray is the most dangerous. She has the worst percentage, but she was deadly from downtown in the 2 years at UNC, so we know what she's capable of.

A backcourt of Harris/Gray/Davis is better than Reynolds/Jackson/DeShields IMO.

I fear our chances because we have way too many let down quarters. We simply cannot afford an ounce of let down or it could seriously be a blow out. I also look at the fact that we seem to lack that killer instinct, except on occasions. I just hope this is one of those occasions. We might also have to depend upon in game coaching strategy, and that is certainly not one of our strong points.

VN Store

Back