Game superstition thread

During away games, I start the game watching in the living room. If we do bad I move couches, if we continue to do bad I go to different rooms. I stay in the same position if we get momentum. Its pretty tiring

I have to put my orange jewelry on in the same order I do every week...orange watch, bracelets, earrings. I also have to make sure the car flags go on the proper side of the car. The one with the sticker on the driver's side, the one without on the passenger side. My husband tried to take my car flags down Friday before the Georgia game so he could take my car to work and I almost cried. I'm weird...

I have to put my orange jewelry on in the same order I do every week...orange watch, bracelets, earrings. I also have to make sure the car flags go on the proper side of the car. The one with the sticker on the driver's side, the one without on the passenger side. My husband tried to take my car flags down Friday before the Georgia game so he could take my car to work and I almost cried. I'm weird...

He cost us that game just trying that.

Reactions: 1 person
I always wear my " I root for TN and whoever plays Bama" shirt and my UT house slippers. Always drink all beverages from a mason jar. Call my dad at halftime to make adjustments and again in the third quarter if we r losing.

I used to try not to cuss at the tv, thinking I would sway the Vols from victory, that changed about 4 years ago. Now I just go complete ape $4:t crazy, even when I'm in hooters watching the game.

During the Ok game earlier this season a guy got mad cause he wanted to watch the Notre same game and I told him F off, then Worley threw a pick 6.

So I've now calmed down and try to be respectful to my surroundings, even the Samsung.

As much as I hate commercials I do not change the channel during the game. Used to when I did something bad would happen. And when available I will turn down the tv and listen to it on the radio.

Two hours before the game, every Saturday, I make a friend dress up in the opposing teams' apparel. Then, I sprint at him from about 50 feet away, yelling all the opposing teams' best players right before I tackle the ever loving sh!t out of him.

It doesn't seem to work, but I still do it.

Do you have just one Really stupid friend or do you have Many buddies?

well, its gameday and no one helped me out with the story behind the 65 game. so im going to try some vol math to determine what the 96 and 65 quarters end up meaning...

96-65=31. in 1931, vols won 38-0. in 96, vols won by 38 points... hmm..

38+38=76. vols won by 26 in 76.

26+38+32 (number of guys signed in 2014) =...96. and the cycle starts again.

not my best work here. but i do believe it means we win today as we did in 96 :rock:

I always look in my change during football season so see if got any '98 coins. While the vols have won many games during weeks I didn't get any '98 coins, they've never lost when I have.

Just got a '98 quarter tonight. Hopefully the streak stays alive.

Anyone else have any superstitions?

Me and my son (now a freshman at UT) always pop open an Orange Crush to drink just before kickoff. If we are watching the game together, we toast the moment; if we are apart, we text each other a pic of the bottle.

VN Store

Back