'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

A
Coach would need to be hired for an on the field position. UF wanted to hire Pat Surtain for a QA position last year but decided against it once the proposed rule came out.

As for Mullen, I'm not overly excited but I can live with him as HC. He knows offense and has lived with our fans. I don't see UF winning a NC under Mullen.

As opposed to dying at the hands of your fans like McElwain would have if had stuck around? :)

It creates mismatches using various formations. He's tweaked a few things from Brohm's air raid system. Helton likes using multiple TEs and running backs in power formations. System reminds me of what Atl is doing now with trips WR or Diamond sets. Loves tunnel screens and deep ball. He definitely study Kiffin and Sarkisian. Also great with QBs and really good recruiter. His name is starting to get NFL looks for his QB coaching.

I haven't watched alot of their film but did read an article about usc new system and how it attacks defenses.....all the down to size and speed....supposedly the new spread

As of today I can't say either way. UF hasn't announced any hires since Grantham. Really like the defensive staff Pruitt has hired. Don't know much about Fair but Rocker, KS and Rump are elite coaches. Rocker and Rump get bad reps because of their recruiting the last few yrs but they have chops to do it at an high level again.

Helton is a homerun at OC/QB. RG is a top 10 RB coach. Not really a fan of Friend. Didn't want him at UF when his name was being floated for OLC. If Pruitt poached McClendon and Brewster, sh!t will be unfair to rest of SEC including Bama.

Interesting on Friend. Georgia fans seem really high on him. I cant take another bad oline coach. We need to hit on that hire as much as the OC.

Great info HG. What's the perception of Tee Martin?

Work with a few SC fans and they pretty much agree his reputation is because of recruiting. Said Vols wouldn't want Tee if wasn't a former great.
They are pretty upset and shocked Helton left. He decline to interview with Muschamp last week.

Reactions: 1 person
Work with a few SC fans and they pretty much agree his reputation is because of recruiting. Said Vols wouldn't want Tee if wasn't a former great.
They are pretty upset and shocked Helton left. He decline to interview with Muschamp last week.

Kinda what I expected. Maybe he'll get there one day but I never thought he was ready to come here as an head coach or OC.

Peterson and former UA defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt have a very close relationship, especially considering Colquitt County head coach Rush Propst and Pruitt go way back to their days at Hoover.

“It’s very good,” Peterson said of his relationship with Pruitt. “We talk. He don’t pressure me. It’s cool.”

Prior to Pruitt officially being named head coach of Tennessee, Peterson talked about what that would mean for Alabama and its chances.

“It would probably be hard because he’s like the main person I talk to,” he said.

Would Tennessee emerge into the picture?

“Something like that because we’ve already got two people over there, so I feel comfortable,” Peterson said.

What will be the deciding factor?
“The ones that don’t pressure me about it and hear me out,” Peterson said.

I think he ends up at Tn, especially if Propst is hired.

Reactions: 2 people
Ill be suprised if he doesn't come here. Too many connections in pruitt, Sherrer, and two current players. Propst As his HC should help too

Watched his highlights and this kid is a athlete. He played more traditional linebacker and DEnd. He isn't afraid to hit people and then he always returned multiple kicks for a touchdown showing he's one of the fastest people on the field.

It creates mismatches using various formations. He's tweaked a few things from Brohm's air raid system. Helton likes using multiple TEs and running backs in power formations. System reminds me of what Atl is doing now with trips WR or Diamond sets. Loves tunnel screens and deep ball. He definitely study Kiffin and Sarkisian. Also great with QBs and really good recruiter. His name is starting to get NFL looks for his QB coaching.

He’s basically created a multiple offense that has the ability to use spread bunch and pro style to create definitive mismatches. What’s impressive is the time he spent coaching in different schemes and people under estimate just how good his offensive minds in.

I doubt he’s here longer then 3 years and he gets a HC gig or NFL OC even.

Peterson=freak. If we get this kid he will play a lot next year. His speed off the edge is elite

I appreciate everything CBJ did for the University, but it appears that we are getting a different caliber of Athlete now. Hopefully this coaching staff knows how to use said talent.

Reactions: 1 person
Probst is his hs coach??

If so he is rumored to be joining our staff which would mean we can't recruit him if I understand the rule correctly

if Coach Pruitt wants him, then I'm good with it...and,

GO VOLS!

Pruitt better be getting who he wants now cause by end of year two fans and media approval of coaches
Is much harder to receive. Remember the uproar over Mike Debord

Probst is his hs coach??

If so he is rumored to be joining our staff which would mean we can't recruit him if I understand the rule correctly

Can't recruit him at all or just have to stop if Propst joins the staff? Maybe that's why Propst hasn't joined yet? He would still be able to sign with UT regardless right?

VN Store

Back