'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

What do you like about Pruitt?

“He don’t pressure me.”

Where will you be going?

“Wherever I don’t feel pressured.”

We are gonna land this cat.

Reactions: 3 people
Two things:

1. LOVE the Pruitt hire and his staff. Some real pitbulls on the staff. Fulmer hired the right guy imo.

2. In regards to Propst joining the support staff and potentially bringing Peterson, this can't happen under new NCAA rule which prevents the hiring of people associated with recruit for two years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Two things:

1. LOVE the Pruitt hire and his staff. Some real pitbulls on the staff. Fulmer hired the right guy imo.

2. In regards to Propst joining the support staff and potentially bringing Peterson, well that can't happen under new NCAA rule that prevents the hiring of people associated with recruit for two years.

Does that rule apply to any position or just one of the 10 coach positions?

Good to see you HG. Are you excited about CDM?

Reactions: 1 person
Does that rule apply to any position or just one of the 10 coach positions?

Good to see you HG. Are you excited about CDM?
A
Coach would need to be hired for an on the field position. UF wanted to hire Pat Surtain for a QA position last year but decided against it once the proposed rule came out.

As for Mullen, I'm not overly excited but I can live with him as HC. He knows offense and has lived with our fans. I don't see UF winning a NC under Mullen.

Reactions: 1 person
They would need to be hired as an on the field position. UF wanted to hire Pat Sustain At to a QA position last year but decided against it once the proposed rule came out.

As for Mullen, I'm not overly excited but I can live with him as HC. He knows offense and has lived with our fans. I don't see UF winning a NC under Mullen.

Would you trade staffs with us?

Two things:

2. In regards to Propst joining the support staff and potentially bringing Peterson, this can't happen under new NCAA rule which prevents the hiring of people associated with recruit for two years.

I think some are looking at this through tunnel vision. He doesn't have to be on the staff to open that pipeline. The fact that he and Pruitt are close will open it up even if he's not on staff. Pruitt sets his sights on a recruit, calls Propst, Propst tells the recruit he should consider UT and talks up Pruitt and his staff.

Would you trade staffs with us?

As of today I can't say either way. UF hasn't announced any hires since Grantham. Really like the defensive staff Pruitt has hired. Don't know much about Fair but Rocker, KS and Rump are elite coaches. Rocker and Rump get bad reps because of their recruiting the last few yrs but they have chops to do it at an high level again.

Helton is a homerun at OC/QB. RG is a top 10 RB coach. Not really a fan of Friend. Didn't want him at UF when his name was being floated for OLC. If Pruitt poached McClendon and Brewster, sh!t will be unfair to rest of SEC including Bama.

Reactions: 5 people
As of today I can't say either way. UF hasn't announced any hires since Grantham. Really like the defensive staff Pruitt has hired. Don't know much about Fair but Rocker, KS and Rump are elite coaches. Rocker and Rump get bad reps because of their recruiting the last few yrs but they have chops to do it at an high level again.

Helton is a homerun at OC/QB. RG is a top 10 RB coach. Not really a fan of Friend. Didn't want him at UF when his name was being floated for OLC. If Pruitt poached McClendon and Brewster, sh!t will be unfair to rest of SEC including Bama.

I was worried Mullen might try and poach Coach G. Coach G is a very good dude.

Reactions: 2 people

Who is McClendon and Brewster

Brewster is the FSU TE coach. A&M, UF, and Tennessee are trying to get him. FSU trying to retain him. Was at Texas when they won The national title. NFL TE coach for a long while. He is an elite recruiter.

McClendon played at UGA and coached there 8 years. He may get the South Carolina OC job so he may be waiting on that. He is the interim OC now.

Brewster is the FSU TE coach. A&M, UF, and Tennessee are trying to get him. FSU trying to retain him. Was at Texas when they won The national title. NFL TE coach for a long while. He is an elite recruiter.

Awesome so fired up over how this staff is coming together!!!! It’s been a little over 24 hours and look at what he has done amazing

Good stuff, HG. IYO, what makes Helton a homerun hire?

Good stuff, HG. IYO, what makes Helton a homerun hire?

It creates mismatches using various formations. He's tweaked a few things from Brohm's air raid system. Helton likes using multiple TEs and running backs in power formations. System reminds me of what Atl is doing now with trips WR or Diamond sets. Loves tunnel screens and deep ball. He definitely study Kiffin and Sarkisian. Also great with QBs and really good recruiter. His name is starting to get NFL looks for his QB coaching.

Reactions: 10 people
It creates mismatches using various formations. He's tweaked a few things from Brohm's air raid system. Helton likes using multiple TEs and running backs in power formations. System reminds me of what Atl is doing now with trips WR or Diamond sets. Loves tunnel screens and deep ball. He definitely study Kiffin and Sarkisian. Also great with QBs and really good recruiter. His name is starting to get NFL looks for his QB coaching.

423.gif

Great info HG. What's the perception of Tee Martin?

VN Store

Back