'18 GA LB JJ Peterson (Tennessee signee)

I mean I get it. The last few years have been rough for this team. I've tried that route. It just doesn't suit me. Being optimistic and dealing with the disappointment is way more natural to me than trying to convince myself to lower expectations to avoid disappointment. Everyone is different I guess. Won't stop me from bringing my perspective to these debates though and calling out overly negative opinions. I think what makes this board better than most is it's not too overly positive with no pessimistic points of view. It's important to have both. I normally just try to counter the overly negative with reasons to step back from the ledge. I don't really take anything personally though.
Would like a few more times if I could.

Reactions: Sleegro
I don't understand why some folks just cant understand this concept. Math must be really hard for some folks.

Maths is harded.

giphy.gif

I don't understand why some folks just cant understand this concept. Math must be really hard for some folks.
I'm not having a hard fn time understanding the damn math. I'm talking about the upcoming recruiting class. I understand the guy counted against this one, but if he isn't here for the next one because he had to go Juco or somewhere else, we get that spot back to spend on the upcoming class. I was trying to look at it optimistically that if he didn't get in, we got the spot back to use for the next class, in which case I'd love to have him, but hoping for something that may not be here next year when there is the opportunity to simply recruit another player in his place. If he goes Juco, we'll re-recruit him then. If he decides to go somewhere else, so be it. Will just have to wait and see how it goes.

Ah
We won’t be taking 25 because of the newly strictly enforced 25 man class limit. We had 23 this past class because of Shaq Wiggins (graduate transfer) and Princeton Fant (blueshirt). We filled that up and were forced to poach 3 2019 spots with GT’s Kennedy, Chryst and London...so we have 22. Not enrolling Lawless and/or Peterson doesn’t take off those numbers. They’re initial counters. It was never the 85 roster limit that made Lawless a no go. It was the 25 new SCHOLARSHIPS per academic year. Kennedy made 24 and with Lawless not qualifying til late, they saved the last spot for Peterson. They can add 25 in 2019 but three have to be grad transfers since the NCAA has restricted blueshirts for high school players.

Ah, gotcha, thank you for the education.

I'm not having a hard fn time understanding the damn math. I'm talking about the upcoming recruiting class. I understand the guy counted against this one, but if he isn't here for the next one because he had to go Juco or somewhere else, we get that spot back to spend on the upcoming class. I was trying to look at it optimistically that if he didn't get in, we got the spot back to use for the next class, in which case I'd love to have him, but hoping for something that may not be here next year when there is the opportunity to simply recruit another player in his place. If he goes Juco, we'll re-recruit him then. If he decides to go somewhere else, so be it. Will just have to wait and see how it goes.
We don’t get back the spot. That’s been pointed out to you by multiple posters.

Heard Probst just said on radio interview JJ would be here next week for start of semester. Not that it means much all things considered

So, you think just because someone is optimistic and positive in every way is not being honest? I can see where one might think that, I do.
I waited for yrs for someone like Jeremy Pruitt to come along, yrs before I finally joined VN; because over these last yrs, ive really had nothing good to say. Am i a "sunshine pumper"? I guess...I'm just being honest as well. Do I believe JJ is going to make it in? I'm holding out hope, it's definitely looking grim; but, u will NEVER see me come in here and say, 'he gone' or something else to spread my misery, especially 1 or 2 months prior to now, like some of these cats have been doing. And I'm not saying you have done this Ulysees, not at all, not to the extent of what I'm talking about; buddy I can handle you feeling down and the post that come with it, because it seems, as you said, honest. You're jaded, and have every right to be, as we all do; but, some, and you know them as well as I do, come here JUST TO spread their misery, and gloat when their misery turns into reality.
I hope this makes sense. McGill, you're true-blue, buddy. I know and have felt every blow that the Kiffin's and Hamilton's and Hart's and Dooley's and Jones's and Haslam's has inflicted upon us, as well. But I chose now to join VN, because I TRULY believe it to be a new day on Rocky Top. I have ABSOLUTE trust and faith in Jeremy Pruitt, and believe me, I NEVER thought that I would ever say that about a Bammer. But that's just it, he's a Vol, he's my coach...and I don't have a single doubt he is the one to get us back to where we rightfully belong. Go Vols, my brother!
You misunderstand me again...It would be dishonest of ME. I don't know how you feel inside, maybe you are honest with yourself, but maybe you are not. When I have a bad feeling I say so. When I feel good about something I say so. I am not anything special, and I am not perfect. I am not the smartest guy, but I am not stupid either. I do think someone that is relentlessly optimistic is probably fooling themselves a lot of times, I am too old and have seen too much crap go completely sideways to be that way. I once was, but now I am not. I apologize for anything I've said too bluntly, or worded in a tactless, hurtful way, but I don't aplogize for being me.

VN Store

Back