'18 GA ATH Richard Jibunor

"left Tennessee's "Orange Carpet Day" on Saturday with the same two schools --- Tennessee and Auburn --- atop his list. And there's not much separation between the two for the 2018 four-star athlete.

"They're like the same place right now," Jibunor said. "I don't really know. From now until August, I should be able to know what is up."

August is just a tentative time frame for the 6-foot-3, 206-pound prospect out of Athens Christian in Athens, Ga.

"That's what I'm thinking," said Jibunor, who still has visits to Florida, Clemson and Alabama scheduled for this summer. "I don't know how it's going to be."

6'3, 206 lbs. He's got a lot of growing to be a DE. I prefer him being an enforcer of a LB, that we blitz a lot with

THE SKINNY — Jibunor has long been a frequent visitor on Tennessee's campus. He wants to play OLB and is being recruited by Tommy Thigpen. Jibunor has Tennessee in top group with Auburn but will still visit Alabama, Florida, Clemson and elsewhere this summer.

“They’re like the same place right now. I don't really know what to do. From now until August I should be able to know what’s up.”

-VQ

Still my favorite LB on UTs board. In fact, my favorite, possible defensive recruit, along with Emerson, that right now, UT has a realistic chance of getting. Just a beast, new to the game of football and will continue to get better and better. Hopefully, UT can get this kid. I think he can contribute immediately

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda like Dooley not knowing who von bell was? Lol.... Wouldn't it be great if he was their CDD.....

I wasn't a big DD fan but in all honesty DD was the first big time school to offer Bell. He didn't kiss his butt through the process but he didn't do that to anyone and in today's world that's what you have to do.

I wasn't a big DD fan but in all honesty DD was the first big time school to offer Bell. He didn't kiss his butt through the process but he didn't do that to anyone and in today's world that's what you have to do.

He didn't even try....

From Rivals:

The situation: Is it Auburn or is it Tennessee? Jibunor was just at Tennessee over the weekend and this one could go either way, but Auburn seems to have an edge here. He is extremely comfortable with the staff on the Plains, they have made him believe he can make a big impact in their defense and he admits it feels like home when he is there. This is a very tight race, but Auburn is the pick.

The pick: Auburn

From Rivals:

The situation: Is it Auburn or is it Tennessee? Jibunor was just at Tennessee over the weekend and this one could go either way, but Auburn seems to have an edge here. He is extremely comfortable with the staff on the Plains, they have made him believe he can make a big impact in their defense and he admits it feels like home when he is there. This is a very tight race, but Auburn is the pick.

The pick: Auburn

200.gif

FYP.

Always bet on the team with the history of being shady if it's a toss up. I don't blame them.

What's that commercial where people actually say what is on their mind?

"Well, Jibunor has recently stated that he considers UT and Auburn equal in their standing, and he has said he loves the coaches at both schools and both campuses feel 'like home'. But if I had to pick I would say Auburn because...well, you know, they have a history of throwing obscene amounts of money at recruits and their families to seal the deal."

"left Tennessee's "Orange Carpet Day" on Saturday with the same two schools --- Tennessee and Auburn --- atop his list. And there's not much separation between the two for the 2018 four-star athlete.

"They're like the same place right now," Jibunor said. "I don't really know. From now until August, I should be able to know what is up."

August is just a tentative time frame for the 6-foot-3, 206-pound prospect out of Athens Christian in Athens, Ga.

"That's what I'm thinking," said Jibunor, who still has visits to Florida, Clemson and Alabama scheduled for this summer. "I don't know how it's going to be."

It always concerns me when a kid leaves an event like OCD and says it's still too close to call between TN and another school. That leaves me with the impression that he may have loved the visit, but we didn't separate from the other school. I would think that a kid would have the strongest and best feel for a school immediately after an event like OCD and then his feelings might lessen as time goes by.
We shall see.

It always concerns me when a kid leaves an event like OCD and says it's still too close to call between TN and another school. That leaves me with the impression that he may have loved the visit, but we didn't separate from the other school. I would think that a kid would have the strongest and best feel for a school immediately after an event like OCD and then his feelings might lessen as time goes by.
We shall see.

or they are playing it close to the vest and don't want to tip off any of the services on where they are going. After all, it is their moment.

“I love coach Jones,” Jibunor said. “He really wants me to commit here. He knows about my story and everything, and he loves who I am. He’d be very, very happy to coach me. He’s been telling me that and I really believe it.”

After another glowing visit, the Vols remain one of Jibunor’s favorites with the 6-foot-4, 210-pound chiseled prospect saying, “This has always been one of my top schools.”

Jibunor will visit Florida, Clemson and Alabama next week, but right now, Tennessee and Auburn are at the top of his list. He hopes to make a decision between the SEC schools later this summer. “They’re like the same place right now,” Jibunor said when asked what separates the two programs. “I don’t really know. From now until August, I should be able to know what is up.”

The Vols are currently recruiting Jibunor as a defensive athlete. He prefers to play outside linebacker in college, but Tennessee sees his future frame more as a defensive end. Regardless, Jibunor said he feels wanted in Knoxville.

“I hate losing. Wherever the coaches feel like I can play: linebacker, defensive end, even if it’s strong safety, tight end. Hey, my offer here came as a tight end initially,” he explained. “It doesn’t matter. I just want to win ballgames. I’m ready do whatever as long as it’s going to be a benefit to the team. … (Thigpen) can’t wait to have me. He just says that I could be someone he can use really good. He really likes me. He really wants me to commit.”

-VQ

I don't remember winning one since I've followed recruiting

In true 50/50 toss ups (Warrior was a legacy and Bituli was in-state; not legit 50/50's), they typically win out especially if it involves a GA kid. In the Butch Jones tenure Carl Lawson, Devonte Lambert (a one time UT commit), Kyle Davis and Derrick Brown immediately come to mind. History is not on our side here, that's for sure. I would honestly rather go head to head with any other program for a recruit we need.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back