'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Bump. Rated a 5 star per Rivals.

Butch be like:

ztFycPr.gif

Reactions: 5 people
“The fans are crazy, man. I really liked that,” said Gibbs, who plays both wide receiver and cornerback. “They’re behind their team 100 percent. It was a close game, so the fans were into it. The coaches were into it. You can tell everybody is there for the game — not just because it’s Tennessee, but they’re there for the game. And they love their players.”

“I was just texting my Uncle Dale (during the visit),” Gibbs said. “I sent him some pictures. He’s, like, one of the top safeties to ever come through (Tennessee) or whatever, and I sent him a picture. He was like, ‘Yeah, I saw that, when they put that up there of me.’ So next time I’ll come up here with him and my cousin, Nigel.”

-Ryan Callahan

Reactions: 7 people
Butch may not even have to worry with VFL dale carter recruiting them boys to UT. Also having the closer helps.

Uncle Dale about to lock them both up for the Vols.

I have never been so sure of a legacy as those two. You just can't be related to Dale Carter and not be a VFL, IMO. I refuse to believe otherwise. Dale Carter is one of my favorite all time Vols. :hi: :)

Reactions: 1 person
Dale Carter's family might just be the pinnacle of athletic genetics. I mean look at what a freak he was and now we have his son who is going to be a borderline 5* as a safety and then his nephew is going to be a high 5*.

Just filthy

A Volquest article is up about this weekend with Gibbs' picture. Is he coming in for the game? I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere else.

“It was great. It was amazing,” said Gibbs, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 6 overall prospect in the 2017 class.

“I got a chance to see more of the facilities, and I got a chance to hang out with some of the players and whatnot. It was really awesome. It was great. The (spring) game was amazing, too.”

“I got to see all the coaches, and they treated me like I was family,” said Gibbs, who received one of his first scholarship offers from Tennessee and now claims more than 30 offers. “It was a great family atmosphere up there. I got a chance to hang out with all the players. It was real cool. It was real fun. I liked it.”

“My Uncle Dale does say — because he was a legend at Tennessee and whatnot — he says, ‘Tennessee’s a great school and whatnot. But whatever fits you, that’s where you need to go. Don’t go based on where I went, because I want you to go to Tennessee. But if it doesn’t fit you, that’s OK,’” Gibbs said.

I see you, Dale.

Reactions: 4 people
Despite just entering his junior year of high school, Gibbs has been a top Tennessee target for some time. A bigger safety, 6-foot-1, 200-plus pounds, Gibbs has already shown he's a top player in the class of 2017 because of his ability to cover tight ends and running backs while still being able to hit. The Vols are off to a good start with Gibbs because of his ties to the program and having visited numerous times, and don't look for that to change anytime soon. But, programs like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State and others are making him a top target just like the Vols.

PF

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back