'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

So this is Nigel Warrior's cousin and Dale Carter's nephew? Wow! This is gonna be good, the legacies continue.

Reactions: 1 person
2017 standout DeAngelo Gibbs, nephew of former Vol Dale Carter, says he calls Butch Jones every week or two to talk and really likes the head coach. Obviously, it's early, but Tennessee will be a factor with Gibbs in the long run. He's been to numerous games since he was a kid.
-Paul Fortenberry, VolQuest.

Reactions: 8 people
Hmm... Nephew to Dale Carter, Cousin to Nigel Warrior :question:

I like where this could be headed :)

Reactions: 1 person
Getting in on some great talent. By then hopefully it will be an easy choice because of how great we will have become.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound playmaker is the nephew of Vol legend Dale Carter and has been to Knoxville numerous times to take in games. But, this past fall, Gibbs was at his first game as a recruit when Tennessee hosted Missouri. "It's totally different," Gibbs said of his first visit as a recruit compared to his trips to Neyland Stadium as a child. "You get to see the locker room, go inside the tunnel, it's exciting. It's awesome."

Gibbs has already started forming a bond with Tennessee head coach Butch Jones after Jones introduced Gibbs to a new way to drink Gatorade this past summer. "When I first met he actually introduced me to Gatorade in a can, which I've never seen anywhere else, and it actually tastes different," Gibbs explained. "From there on out we started to get and I call him a lot. He's a cool guy. I really like him. I like him and coach (Robert) Gillespie, too."

Gibbs has always kept an eye on the Vols and likes the direction they are heading under Jones and said moving forward it will be important to him to see the Vols continue to get better.

"It's very important because that's how you build a program," Gibbs explained. "You have to build up top classes and get great recruits and see who is coming in and who is going out. That's the thing about Tennessee. They are always going to have good recruits coming in."

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
Peanut Butter and Gatorade in a can.

That's my new lunch schedule for the foreseeable future.

Want to be half as cool as Butch.

Reactions: 6 people
With:

DeAngelo Gibbs
Jalen McKenzie
Isaiah Stokes

There could potentially be three 5 Star legacies in the '17 class

:yahoo:

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not holding my breath on Stokes, legacy or not, Its been awhile since we pulled a descent recruit out of Memphis

I'm not holding my breath on Stokes, legacy or not, Its been awhile since we pulled a descent recruit out of Memphis

Legacy recruits are a bit different though, especially when it's his brother we are talking about. Still way to early but if we start winning some big football games and Butch continues recruiting the way he is now then we should have nothing to worry about. The supbar recruiting classes of Kiffin (never panned out, too many DnQs), Dools (2012 anyone?) and the later part of Fulmer's (too many projects, grade casualties etc got lazy when closing - something which was his strong suit in the past) years are finally over so long as we carry this momentum and translate it to success on the football field.

Last edited:
Visiting UT this weekend. Huge news.

Butch running this *****.

MealyFrailBudgie.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back