Fulmer Picking Up Steam/Schools looking at Fulmer?(merged)

Is it just me, or do one of these type of threads always seem come up whenever a low-level or struggling BCS program has an opening?

Either the OP is CPF's top competitor for the job or he needs to read VN more carefully.

Honestly, I would love to see Phillip Fulmer coach again...just not at Tennessee.

I hope Minnesota is stupid enough to hire him to finally exterminate the possibility of him becoming UT's AD. Sadly, they aren't that retarded.

You should rest easy that Fulmer will NEVER become UT's AD. The same people who were powerful enough to prompt his firing would have to approve his hiring as A.D. Never gonna happen, which is why Fulmer is on t.v. right now trying to get media attention to parlay into a new coaching position. Fulmer has a LOT of job options in the business world that would make him a lot of money and be out of the public limelight.

In all seriousness, if Fulmer really wants to coach a championship program again, he needs to look to a D2 or D3 program. Hell, North Alabama, a D2 power, hired Terry Bowden for Christ sakes.

In all seriousness, if Fulmer really wants to coach a championship program again, he needs to look to a D2 or D3 program. Hell, North Alabama, a D2 power, hired Terry Bowden for Christ sakes.

Terry Bowden is about to get offers from BCS powerhouses. At least so says BOP1.

Good grief: Can we end this Fulmer BS once and for all time? He is old and tired and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Over the last 10 years of his time at UT, I didn't hear Fulmer make ONE interesting or insightful comment about anything. His time is past--deal with it--and thank goodness Hamilton had the rocks to recognize that and do something about it.

It'd be a horrible hire for Minnesota. He has no ties to the area, and he's got nothing left in the tank to lead a rebuilding process that would take as much as Minnesota would from him.

That's what people said about Bruce Pearl -- how many ties did he have to Memphis before he arrived in Knoxville? It would take Fulmer about a month to visit every high school in Minnesota and establish those relationships. He has no in-state competition. At the same time, he would be doing the same thing we are here with Florida and Bama recruits -- cherry picking great recruits from Ohio St. and the other stronger schools in the conference. At the same time, he brings in kids from all over the south and California.

Not to mention that Minesotta just built a BEAUTIFUL new stadium, which is why Brewster is getting fired. Minesotta HAS some of the nicest facilities in the Big 10 now, just like Tennessee in the mid-to-late 90's had some of the nicest, newest facilities in the SEC and drew recruits for that reason.

This is all well and good... but is Minnesota committed to winning championships? That's the deal breaker.

Yes! They just built a huge new stadium and have very nice facilities now. They just fired their coach after less than 3 years on the job and have publicly said they are willing to spend the money on a big name coach. What more should they do?

It would take Fulmer about a month to visit every high school in Minnesota and establish those relationships. He has no in-state competition.

Minnesota's in-state talent is worse than Tennessee's. They would be about as good as Western Kentucky doing most of their recruiting within their borders.

Terry Bowden is about to get offers from BCS powerhouses. At least so says BOP1.

Fulmer didn't get fired from UT because he had an extra-marital affair with a teenager. Nor did he get fired because he locked a kid with a concussion in a dark room standing up. So I don't really think comparing Fulmer to Terry B. is apples to apples.....or chocolate pie to chocolate pie.

I hope Gus Malzahn gets a look at the Minnesota job, I would love to see him out of the SEC. I think he will be a hot name this offseason. Not sure I would go the Fulmer route, sometimes "new" blood is the best way to go with a program. Most of the current and future recruits would not know Fulmer as a winner or remember him winning the NC.

Fulmer is never going to out-recruit Jim Tressel or Rich Rod for coveted Ohio prospects.

It doesn't even matter anyways. No BCS level program is going to take a chance on him. Even some of the more established FCS schools probably aren't going to hire him either.

His only chance to coach again in FBS is at a Sun Belt or Conference USA program. I don't see anybody else really wanting him.

Fulmer is never going to out-recruit Jim Tressel or Rich Rod for coveted Ohio prospects.

It doesn't even matter anyways. No BCS level program is going to take a chance on him. Even some of the more established FCS schools probably aren't going to hire him either.

His only chance to coach again in FBS is at a Sun Belt or Conference USA program. I don't see anybody else really wanting him.

Could you imagine fulmer being named the next hc of the Memphis tigers?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Minnesota would consider an 8 win season heaven.

There's at least a chance we'd play him in a bowl game.
He can try to prove us all wrong and reach any win milestone he wants.

Most importantly - he'd not be UT AD.

Why are we not supporting this idea? To quote Isaiah Thomas, "It's just so crazy it just might work."

And I will keep my offer to donate 100 dollars to the school that hires him.

I hope Gus Malzahn gets a look at the Minnesota job, I would love to see him out of the SEC. I think he will be a hot name this offseason. Not sure I would go the Fulmer route, sometimes "new" blood is the best way to go with a program. Most of the current and future recruits would not know Fulmer as a winner or remember him winning the NC.

OC at Auburn is a better place than HC at Minnesota..jmo!

VN Store

Back