Freeze interviews at bama

I'm fine working in the grey areas. Hell, if ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying.

One of our Gator visitors pointed it out some time ago about Freeze's recruiting at OM. Basically how large a talent gap there was in certain classes. Like five #1 recruits for a position. Basically, it didn't fit the paradigm of recruiting where you would be lucky to get one or maybe if you're lucky two #1 recruits for that particular position and then a smattering of other 4 and 5 stars especially coming off a 7-6 season.

Getting five in a single recruiting class? Yeah, that's pretty blatant.

Every FBS school cheats except three off the top of my head. However, it's when you make it painfully obvious that tends to get you into hot water.

One of our Gator visitors pointed it out some time ago about Freeze's recruiting at OM. Basically how large a talent gap there was in certain classes. Like five #1 recruits for a position. Basically, it didn't fit the paradigm of recruiting where you would be lucky to get one or maybe if you're lucky two #1 recruits for that particular position and then a smattering of other 4 and 5 stars especially coming off a 7-6 season.

Every FBS school cheats except three off the top of my head. However, it's when you make it painfully obvious that tends to get you into hot water.

Well, you didn't read the Notice of Allegations, but belive what you will. They didn't find any pay for play in recruiting.

A lot of the storied 2013 recruiting class was due to some fortunate circumstances (i.e. Robert Nkemdiche was the #1 recruit that year, his brother played at OM; #1 Safety Tony Conner played at Batesville, 30 minutes down the road from Oxford).

Freeze only got 1 year show cause to not be head coach. Other than that, he didn't get in any trouble.

He got fired for cause for getting hookers for himself and lying about it. Dude is pretty scummy morally. I also don't think he is a great OC so wouldn't want him here for that reason mostly. He had touches of greatness but tons of awful calls, especially in the second half once defenses figured him out.

Bama fans are not buying the OC stuff. Locksley has been the better choice and the more likely candidate given his background and position as co-offensive coordinator. And Freeze at this point in his career would be thrilled to empty the trash cans after staff meetings if it meant getting out of the purgatory of disgraced coaches.

As OC he wouldn't have final say and hopefully Pruitt would be smart enough to make it look realistic.

That's about 90% of the challenge with Kiffin though, isn't it? Kiffin knew he needed a good stint there to resurrect his career, so he had more of an incentive to be on better behavior as well.

maybe, that implies a good bit of humility and self awareness I doubt Kiffin actually has.

He had done nothing but fall up his whole career. this is the first time he has really ever "earned it"

Freeze is not going to get busted for cheating at Alabama. Saban controls all, and if Saban hasn't gotten caught by now, he either doesn't cheat or is so good at it, he probably isn't going to get caught.

Mike Locksley?? I guess that is a good hire but it really doesn't seem like it. Nothing in his past suggests success but you never know.

It's looking like Freeze might get an analyst position, at most. I prefer Bama not hire him at all. I didn't want Kiffin either. I'm glad he's gone.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the Helton hire. I'm just saying if he would have went with Freeze I'd have been good with that too. NCAA be damned.

NCAA?
How about losing all ethical credibility? The guy was regularly calling fly in prostitutes where he was apparently brokering sex for recruits. I can't believe this guy got off with a 1 year show cause.

After the Schiano thing UT woukd have looked like the biggest hypocrites in the world. Saban is scum just for interviewing the guy. Hope that dwarf gets hit by a bus.

NCAA?
How about losing all ethical credibility? The guy was regularly calling fly in prostitutes where he was apparently brokering sex for recruits. I can't believe this guy got off with a 1 year show cause.

After the Schiano thing UT woukd have looked like the biggest hypocrites in the world. Saban is scum just for interviewing the guy. Hope that dwarf gets hit by a bus.

WTH is "ethical credibility"? I hate to break it to you but all big time programs cheat including ours.

VN Store

Back