freak

Just returned to this thread to say when I opened the link I provided above, it loaded fast.

However, the first page of this thread took over a minute to load. I took a screenshot of the slowest loading pic from the first page:
Screenshot_20230616-165723.png

Yeah, it’s not better. Also never lands on the most recent unread post with gifs/pics/Twitter embeds. You just randomly land where you land.

Reactions: VolNExile
Yeah, it’s not better. Also never lands on the most recent unread post with gifs/pics/Twitter embeds. You just randomly land where you land.
It's not random. It goes to the post you clicked but all the embeds will bump the page down. Some upgrades in the pipeline might help with that.

Just returned to this thread to say when I opened the link I provided above, it loaded fast.

However, the first page of this thread took over a minute to load. I took a screenshot of the slowest loading pic from the first page:
View attachment 557302
Those are large images and there are a bunch of them on that page.

Bottom line is, when you have a page full of big images and embeds, like happens a lot in the endzone, it's going to take a second to load, depending on your internet speed. I've dialed back the image sizes recently, but that's not going to help with old posts.

As I mentioned above, there's an upgrade planned that might help some with this also, along with the size reduction I've implemented.

Reactions: malinoisvol
I appreciate all the feedback. Hopefully we’re at a tolerable place with the big images and we’ll see if the upcoming software upgrades help further. Hopefully it will.

Normal for me is slow loads. I had a gif Behr posted take about 5 minutes today.
The problem is this only seems to be happening to a handful of people. Besides some large images that take a few seconds to load, I can’t duplicate any issues. Hopefully we’ll get there.

The problem is this only seems to be happening to a handful of people. Besides some large images that take a few seconds to load, I can’t duplicate any issues. Hopefully we’ll get there.

I tagged you for a slow loader recently. Understood. Maybe it’s my WiFi but not sure what that would be. I’m on a different WiFi now and seems to be better.

We still talking about some slow loading images? I wasn't on when these posts were made but everything seems normal at the moment.
Very slow loading images and alerts. Seems to stem from clicking on alerts...everything seems to run fine until clicking the bell.

Reactions: drvenner
We still talking about some slow loading images? I wasn't on when these posts were made but everything seems normal at the moment.
I have to turn my phone off and on or it’s glitchy. Not just images or tweets…whole portions of threads. Not as bad today, but it was part of the morning.

@Freak the same issues it has always been. Sometimes it is large images. Other times, it is simply clicking the like button. It seemed better for awhile but now is really lagging again. I can still get around and I know you are working hard on it. Just wanted to report what I am seeing.

Reactions: SugarCC
@Freak the same issues it has always been. Sometimes it is large images. Other times, it is simply clicking the like button. It seemed better for awhile but now is really lagging again. I can still get around and I know you are working hard on it. Just wanted to report what I am seeing.
I appreciate it. Like I’ve mentioned, it’s so hard for me to diagnose because I’m not having any issues and neither are most people. In addition to the smaller image sizes, I’m really hoping the software updates we have coming might help.

I’m wondering if a new recruiting thread might help as most of the complaints are coming from large threads.

I appreciate it. Like I’ve mentioned, it’s so hard for me to diagnose because I’m not having any issues and neither are most people. In addition to the smaller image sizes, I’m really hoping the software updates we have coming might help.

I’m wondering if a new recruiting thread might help as most of the complaints are coming from large threads.
One thing I have noticed is that there are certain GIFs that can cause problems. I can't find it now but there is one where Austin Price and Brent Hubbs heads are photoshopped into a moving car. I am wondering if there are corrupt files or something? I really don't know. I do appreciate all of your efforts.

This GIF loads incredibly slow for me. It was the one I was referring to above. @Freak
This doesn't help you at all, but it loaded instantly on my MacBook Air. I have no idea why.
dunno.gif
Good luck! I know how frustrating this is.

This doesn't help you at all, but it loaded instantly on my MacBook Air. I have no idea why.
dunno.gif
Good luck! I know how frustrating this is.
Honestly I think some of this must be connection issues, either on peoples phones, or on a server hop somewhere in between them and volnation.com. Yes, some of the images are taking a couple seconds to load and the page refresh thing on ios is an issue, but 99% of people aren't having any issues other than that.

I'll start a new recruiting forum thread soon and you guys can see if that makes any difference for you.

Last edited:
This GIF loads incredibly slow for me. It was the one I was referring to above. @Freak
How slow we talking? It loads in about a second or two for me. Have you tried doing a speed test on your connection when it happens?

There's also a volnation skin that doesn't use images. Try it out and see if the board runs smoothly. If it does it might just be your connection or a connection in between you and here that's slowing you down.

How slow we talking? It loads in about a second or two for me. Have you tried doing a speed test on your connection when it happens?

There's also a volnation skin that doesn't use images. Try it out and see if the board runs smoothly. If it does it might just be your connection or a connection in between you and here that's slowing you down.
Just curious: what's the URL for the non-image VolNation skim? Or if I've just revealed my abysmal ignorance here :p by asking this question, how do we get to this VN skim?

Just curious: what's the URL for the non-image VolNation skim? Or if I've just revealed my abysmal ignorance here :p by asking this question, how do we get to this VN skim?
freak

There's a skin button at the bottom of the page. Light/dark and no images.

VN Store

Back