Fowler and Herbstreit Calling the Mizzou Game

Cool. Didn't know that.

And FTR, I hate that you put "tOSU." It bothers me during NFL games when their alum makes a point to call it "The" Ohio State. I get it, but it still bothers me.

I don't get it. Is there an imposter Ohio State University and they are.clarifying they are THE?

Even though he is a OSU homer, Herbstreit is one of the few at ESPN that will give UT some love. Looking forward to him and Fowler in the booth this week.

Herby lives in Nashville so I'm sure he hears a lot about the Vols!

Even though he is a OSU homer, Herbstreit is one of the few at ESPN that will give UT some love. Looking forward to him and Fowler in the booth this week.

Herbstreit being an OSU homer is such a myth. The guy moved from Columbus to Nashville because Ohio State fans thought he was too critical of them. Herbstreit is a great analyst and announcer.

Reactions: 2 people
Myth 1) ESPN hates Tennessee

Myth 2) Bob Kessling is a good broadcaster.

Both of these are false statements.

Both of these are due to blind homers not being objective.

Listen to Kesling? no thanks

I dont mine Kesling as much as Priest. He can be hard to listen too. But since im over in Germany now, its the only way for me to really get the games so I will not complain to much.

Last edited:
I despise fowler and he has depised UT for a very long, long time.......maybe he has eased up because of the TV contract.....but long ago he could not even talk of UT without it sounding venomous....IMO

I despise fowler and he has depised UT for a very long, long time.......maybe he has eased up because of the TV contract.....but long ago he could not even talk of UT without it sounding venomous....IMO

I agree. Most positive words he has to say about UT look like they taste horrible coming out of his mouth.

Reactions: 1 person
Bob would be tolerable if he:

1) frequently gave the score
2) told the down and distance and line of scrimmage routinely.
3) continuously updated the remaining time in the game.
4) makes it through a pregame, game and post game without calling our opponent another team
5) give actual factual stats, instead of completely wrong ones.

He does none of the above. So, basically I can't listen at all. It is really pitiful.

Basketball games are worse. Because the score changes by the seconds and he has gone MINUTES without updating it. It's really unbelievable.

Glad they will be here.

When was the last time Kirk and Chris were in Neyland Stadium for a game?

I know they came to the 2012 UF game but pretty sure they flew out to whatever ABC game they were calling that night....I am guessing it's been almost 10 years they've actually been in the stadium during one of our games.

I hope our fans and team are getting after it Saturday night and show them that Tennessee is back!

Glad they will be here.

I know they came to the 2012 UF game but pretty sure they flew out to whatever ABC game they were calling that night....I am guessing it's been almost 10 years they've actually been in the stadium during one of our games.

I hope our fans and team are getting after it Saturday night and show them that Tennessee is back!

It's so cool that the team is finally making progress. This team reminds me a bit of the 1979 7-5 team. I hope this teams doesn't lose the Bowl game like the 79 team did(a 27-22 loss to Purdue).

Glad they will be here.

Has Fowler been announcing that long on Sat night? I thought that was a relatively new thing for him. I know he did the Thurs night games.

If Dobbs is going to build Heisman hype for next year, this would be a helluva coming out party. Herbie and Fowler drive that conversation every week. We need Dobbs and the Vols to have a great game, and give those guys something to talk about.

I wouldn't know.

I agree Kesling is no John Ward. Who the heck is?
I'm sure all the critics of Kesling would do a better job than him and also call plays at the same time since there are so many experts on here.

Tim Priest is awesome. A true Vol as well and more knowledgeable than most analysts out there.

Herbs is my favorite. I actually think he is very objective considering he should still be a huge OSU fan.
If it were me I'd be so pro Tennessee they'd fire me the first broadcast.
Plus I'd be cussing AL and FLA with every breath!

Herbie is great in my opinion.

knowing the players names, especially on your own team inst that hard. pronouncing words is english. if thats youre job learn to do it.

They both do a good job in the booth.

I used to hate on Herbstreit a bit, but I really think we is one of the best, if not the best, college analyst/sportscaster in the business.

Side note: I can't even listen to Verne/Gary anymore, I use a radio broadcast if I am not at the game.

Herbstreit being an OSU homer is such a myth. The guy moved from Columbus to Nashville because Ohio State fans thought he was too critical of them. Herbstreit is a great analyst and announcer.

I agree.

Also, anyone could beat the announcers that we had last week. They totally sucked!

The worst part is all the rape allegations that will be talked about every 5 minutes pregame. During the game they'll key on plays that AJ might have made. I just hope our team can stay focused and pull this one out with all the distractions.

actually i think it'll be mentioned we've got players out but i feel like kirk is a reputable guy and wants to talk football, not off the field antics.

VN Store

Back