Fowler and Herbstreit Calling the Mizzou Game

Just found it to be pretty interesting and a break from the BS in most of the other threads.
This is an indication of "how big this game is" regarding the resurgence of Tennessee football, and the realistic possibility of finishing this season with a winning record.

Even though he is a OSU homer, Herbstreit is one of the few at ESPN that will give UT some love. Looking forward to him and Fowler in the booth this week.

He's not that big of a homer, he was basically run out of Ohio because of him not being biased towards OSU

Reactions: 2 people
He's no John Ward but he's just fine. He's a vol
I like him. He's not John but he is a whole lot better than some of the other school broadcasters that I have had to listen to. Had to listen to an Auburn broadcast one time traveling because it was all I could get. They were awful, sounded like a couple of kids seeing a boob for the very first time when Auburn did something good.

Reactions: 1 person
They both do a good job in the booth.

I wouldn't know.

I agree Kesling is no John Ward. Who the heck is?
I'm sure all the critics of Kesling would do a better job than him and also call plays at the same time since there are so many experts on here.

Tim Priest is awesome. A true Vol as well and more knowledgeable than most analysts out there.

Herbs is my favorite. I actually think he is very objective considering he should still be a huge OSU fan.
If it were me I'd be so pro Tennessee they'd fire me the first broadcast.
Plus I'd be cussing AL and FLA with every breath!

Herbie is great in my opinion.

Number of times this gets posted on here during the game:

"It bs that they keep mentioning AJ's suspension for sexual assault! They gave Winston a free pass! Espn hates us!"

I am betting over 50

Pretty sure you just made that up. If not, good on ya. Never heard anything about him considering UT.

I'm not saying that we were neck-and-neck with tOSU for his services coming out of high school and I am also not saying Herbstreit was sitting at a table on national signing day with a UT hat and a tOSU hat in front of him with his national letter of intent between them; but Tennessee was one of his final schools that he considered before he picked his favorite, tOSU.

I'm not saying that we were neck-and-neck with tOSU for his services coming out of high school and I am also not saying Herbstreit was sitting at a table on national signing day with a UT hat and a tOSU hat in front of him with his national letter of intent between them; but Tennessee was one of his final schools that he considered before he picked his favorite, tOSU.

Cool. Didn't know that.

And FTR, I hate that you put "tOSU." It bothers me during NFL games when their alum makes a point to call it "The" Ohio State. I get it, but it still bothers me.

Cool. Didn't know that.

And FTR, I hate that you put "tOSU." It bothers me during NFL games when their alum makes a point to call it "The" Ohio State. I get it, but it still bothers me.

Bugs me, too, because I can't stand them, but at least everyone knows that we aren't talking about the Oregon State Beavers.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Bugs me, too, because I can't stand them, but at least everyone knows that we aren't talking about the Oregon State Beavers.:)
Is Oregon State one of the finer institutions of higher education in Ohio? I've heard about U of Cincinnati, Akron Zips, Cleveland State and Ohio U. Bobcats but not Oregon State.

I like him. He's not John but he is a whole lot better than some of the other school broadcasters that I have had to listen to. Had to listen to an Auburn broadcast one time traveling because it was all I could get. They were awful, sounded like a couple of kids seeing a boob for the very first time when Auburn did something good.

No joke I honestly thought I was listening to a high school game.

I would have to listen again but I think the Florida guy sounds.like an idiot.

VN Store

Back