Four things I'm waiting to see the 1st game.

If Worley can get the ball to our WR, I don't see USU being able to keep up with us. I'll be disappointed if it's not full. We need a crowd like 06 California! The team will be giving their all for Tennessee on the 31st, let's make sure we as fans do too!

If Worley has actually improved his arm strength. Can the O-line get a push?

If those two things are a go, we could have a really good offense.

But if we have a great WR corps, and a QB who can't get them the ball... Along with a great RB corps, with an O-line that can't get a push. Could be frustrating to watch.

Want to see Worley make a few plays and be consistent in timing and just getting the ball to the right guy.

Need to see how the OL does in both pass protection and if they can open a few holes.

Want to see more explosive plays on both sides by guys like Pearson, Hurd, Malone, Maggit and others.

Can we pressure the QB without committing extra guys? We haven't had a DL that can pressure the QB without help in a long time.

Really want to see how noticeable the talent jump is. I know they are young but i want to see at least a few instances of new guys making 'Wow' plays.

And finally what is special teams going to look like? We are green all over the place there.

On Offense:
1. No sacks allowed by the OLine
2. Open holes for the RBs
3. Ball in the hands of the playmakers
4. No stupid mistakes

On Defense:
1. Sacks and pressure on the QB in general
2. Blitzing
3. Stopping the run
4. No stupid mistakes

Special Teams
1. Consistency in kicking and punting
2. Good coverage on both
3. +20 yards on every return
4. No stupid mistakes

sooooo no stupid mistakes. I agree just don't look around the stands or the streets LOL

1st Play called will be a pass to North

I'd disagree, and say it'll be an off-tackle run by Lane. Want to give the OL some confidence to get a push against their front 7, which is supposedly their strong point. Need to establish that early, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to withdraw from the temptations of the body for 2 weeks. Shortly before kickoff I will explode very similar to the team exploding through the T. That's what I'm looking for.

I'd disagree, and say it'll be an off-tackle run by Lane. Want to give the OL some confidence to get a push against their front 7, which is supposedly their strong point. Need to establish that early, IMO.

Anything but a screen pass to a wr will be fine with me. So since I said that we will now see a wr screen first play.

1. Attendance - Is it a packed house and how loud they are.

2. Offense - 1st series to the 2nd series. Don't expect the 1st one to show a lot with 1st game nerves and getting into the game.

3. Defense - Are they reacting to the ball and adjusting to the flow of the game. Also how well special teams are playing.

4. Fourth Quarter - Either winning or losing (I expect winning) how well the team is reacting.

Feel free to add to the list.

Days are really dragging by. GO VOLS

5. How many times is Rocky Top played! :)
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Great points by all. I want to see how the O-line plays. USU is a good measuring stick for a home game out of the gate. If we struggle here with protection and the run game, this season could get long in a hurry once we start to play SEC caliber defenses.

I'm going to withdraw from the temptations of the body for 2 weeks. Shortly before kickoff I will explode very similar to the team exploding through the T. That's what I'm looking for.

Dude, seriously. Put down the Game Boy or Atari or whatever the heck the newest introverted mechanism of choice is and go out and chase some ladies. Perhaps consider a hooker if need be. The only exploding anyone needs to do of this kind is not when a bunch of young men run out of a letter of the alphabet.

Priorities please!

Great minds...

I want to see a sack by Dillon Bates and a pick six by Elliot Berry.

More importantly, I want to see us win.

On Offense:
1. No sacks allowed by the OLine
2. Open holes for the RBs
3. Ball in the hands of the playmakers
4. No stupid mistakes

On Defense:
1. Sacks and pressure on the QB in general
2. Blitzing
3. Stopping the run
4. No stupid mistakes

Special Teams
1. Consistency in kicking and punting
2. Good coverage on both
3. +20 yards on every return
4. No stupid mistakes

Keys to any and all football games ever played.

VN Store

Back