Formula 1 Thread

How is it you talk to him again?

And I was referring to races. Youre right that they've had some serious pit issues, imo it speaks volumes to his consistency that he is where he is in the standings without winning yet. Most podiums so far, right?

Yep most podiums.

I don't actually speak to Lewis.

I'm becoming a Grosjean fan. During the China pre-race interview he looked completely relaxed eventhough he'd only completed 4 total laps in the 1st 2 races. He had a nice showing there then got a podium in Bahrain.

Agreed, very mellow guy but great driving style. Also becoming a fan of the Frenchie.

I am not a fan. He is a good driver, but nothing ever seems to be his fault.

He blamed Schumacher earlier this year for bumping him, when it was actually the other way around. The kid needs to shut his mouth and drive.

Goes with the territory IMO. Hell, I know guys who do pretty well in regional karting leagues around here who tend to think pretty highly of themselves, to say the least.

Goes with the territory IMO. Hell, I know guys who do pretty well in regional karting leagues around here who tend to think pretty highly of themselves, to say the least.

Yeah. I know I am being harsh on the kid. I do like him an awful lot more than Kimi.

I am sure I will come around on RG.

I like Kimi for the reasons that most people dislike him. :)

My thing with Kimi isn't his cursing or drinking. For me it is the way he used to shove corner marshals after a crash or a mechanical failure. It just seemed so tacky and rude to lash out at the folks who could be saving your life.

That's a reason why I could not be a marshal. If one of those little jockeys shoves me, I am shoving them back!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... Very funny...

Oh, you're serious.. :ermm:

Yep. Who is better? I can give you Vettel, but he has always had a great car. Alonso? Hamilton? Button? Schumacher? In his prime for sure. Kimi has done things that none of those guys have, save Schumacher.

Yep. Who is better? I can give you Vettel, but he has always had a great car. Alonso? Hamilton? Button? Schumacher? In his prime for sure. Kimi has done things that none of those guys have, save Schumacher.

Define better driver?

I am more interested to know what Kimi has done that Alonso, Hamilton, and Button haven't.

How do you think he'd do if he was with mclaren or red bull?

Very well. But it's not as though the lotus is bad. Kimi's teammate has done a good job as well, it's not as though Kimi is lifting the car to another level.

If you want to talk about drivers who put their cars well above where they should have been, talk about Alonso in 2008 and Hamilton in 2009.

If you go by the statistics Hamilton is a llttle better than Button, Alonso, and Raikkonen. He has been on the podium almost 50% the time over his career where the others are on the podium about 1/3 of the time except for Button but he has had some years where he wasn't in a car that is as good as he has now.

If you go by the statistics Hamilton is a llttle better than Button, Alonso, and Raikkonen. He has been on the podium almost 50% the time over his career where the others are on the podium about 1/3 of the time except for Button but he has had some years where he wasn't in a car that is as good as he has now.

Hamilton also started with a good team (McLaren) while the others had to work their way up, so that is really not a good comparison.

We have seen Kimi in the best car on the grid from 2007-08 and he only sealed the deal once, and that was because of a phantom gearbox issue (probably rigged by the FIA) to Lewis at Brazil.

Lewis has never been in the best car on the grid, he always gets the maximum from each car, Kimi doesn't, never has and never will. He doesn't develop cars well, never has. he should have won at least 2 races this year in the Renault IMO. The editor of racecar engineering magazine (Sam Collins) who knows his onions about F1 car design, clearly said that the renault is by far the best car in the field but with drivers not good enough to do it a service.

We have seen Kimi in the best car on the grid from 2007-08 and he only sealed the deal once, and that was because of a phantom gearbox issue (probably rigged by the FIA) to Lewis at Brazil.

Lewis has never been in the best car on the grid, he always gets the maximum from each car, Kimi doesn't, never has and never will. He doesn't develop cars well, never has. he should have won at least 2 races this year in the Renault IMO. The editor of racecar engineering magazine (Sam Collins) who knows his onions about F1 car design, clearly said that the renault is by far the best car in the field but with drivers not good enough to do it a service.

His first car was the best car on the grid.

And about the Sam Collins bs. Do not make me laugh my guts out this early in the morning.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back