Formula 1 Thread

I always forget the Australian GP starts around midnight. Last race for a month until Baku April 30th. Is this the first time they're having a 1 month break early in the season?

I always forget the Australian GP starts around midnight. Last race for a month until Baku April 30th. Is this the first time they're having a 1 month break early in the season?

You would occasionally get 3 week gaps. But yeah, losing China at the last minute caused the gap this year.

I say they go back to Algarve. That’s a hell of a circuit.

I’m mixed on Sainz’s penalty. A 5 second penalty on a final no racing/passing lap seems excessive just due to the circumstances at the very end. That 5 second penalty dropped him 8 places from 4th and out of points. Under normal race conditions a 5 second penalty may not even cause him to lose a position.

But his spinning out Fernando set off that disastrous restart.

Reactions: Fun coupon VOL
I’m mixed on Sainz’s penalty. A 5 second penalty on a final no racing/passing lap seems excessive just due to the circumstances at the very end. That 5 second penalty dropped him 8 places from 4th and out of points. Under normal race conditions a 5 second penalty may not even cause him to lose a position.

But his spinning out Fernando set off that disastrous restart.
I think it was the optics of it.... the fact he came into the turn pretty hot, sliding across the turn, chain reaction occurring afterwards.

Nevermind the fact pretty much everyone had new tires on, that were cold and proven for this race weekend to need time and heat to hookup properly.

My opinion.. Massi was there, they just needed a cluster F ending 😃

Stupid long break. Ferrari will have time to ‘get it right’ only to finish P6 and 7 next time out.

No kidding.... Just stay in Australia and run the course in the opposite direction. As a fan, that would have been better than this extended break

Let's pray it stays competitive with Checko and Ver Stappen, otherwise this is gonna be snoozefest by mid-summer.

I know @Nerd-Vol is a Hamilton guy, are you a Mercedes guy too?

I don't have a team, but Perez is my favorite driver and then I root for storylines that keep the sport interesting.

What about the rest of yous? Where does your allegiance lie?

I don't have a team, but Perez is my favorite driver and then I root for storylines that keep the sport interesting.

My guys were Vettel and Raikkonen.. Don't really have a current driver. I like seeing Alonso doing well and would like to see Albon in better equipment.

No real team currently. I like seeing the mid to back markers do well (Williams, Alfa).

The top three current teams are what they are... Strong and dominate. Of those drivers - I would pull for Sainz

Reactions: n_huffhines

Much more Hamilton than Mercedes. I’m going to be in a difficult situation when he retires. I also like Yuki and Ocon.

I am not going to tell you how much they were, but I am excited to have tickets to Montreal next month. On the off chance anyone else is going and need any recommendations let me know, I live in the area.

I am not going to tell you how much they were, but I am excited to have tickets to Montreal next month. On the off chance anyone else is going and need any recommendations let me know, I live in the area.
Post some pics to the thread... I hope you have a great time 👍🙂

As far as F1 goes, I follows Mercedes at this moment because a former student of mine has a position with the team (engineering, not track-side).

That can change year to year based on who I know working where.

Significant rain today and tomorrow. Chances of rain this weekend. Hope they can still race.

Imola F1 weekend faces disruption amid red alert weather warning

The regional government has also warned that up to 100mm of rain could fall in the worst affected areas on Tuesday. By the end of Wednesday, it is anticipated that the average accumulation will be around 150 mm.

With severe risks of flooding, and following a meeting of the National Crisis Unit, local mayors were advised to close schools as well as roads that were at risk of being left under water. Citizens were advised to avoid travel as much as possible.

The difficult situation has inevitably opened up the risk of the Imola F1 weekend being impacted, either for spectators getting to and from the track, or even having some effect on the event running.

While the red alert status triggered speculation that the Emilia Romagna GP could even be cancelled, F1 sources are adamant that there is no concern about the event not going ahead. Teams and officials are travelling as planned.

VN Store

Back