Formula 1 Thread

Verstappen/Red Bull domination is incredible. WTS, it may be a slow kill for F1. 'Who's second' isn't palatable.

Verstappen/Red Bull domination is incredible. WTS, it may be a slow kill for F1. 'Who's second' isn't palatable.
It's almost always been that way. There is usually one dominant team which eventually gives way to another. It was Mercedes and Hamilton before Verstappen. Someone else's day will come. I think the governing body has asserted too much control over the teams and what they can do, especially during the middle of the year.

Reactions: VolTull
I had hopes of watching F1 at Road Atlanta but there was little interest in making the necessary track upgrades. Unsure if the racing interest is strong enough and once Louie Montgomery croaked, chances dropped to zero.

I don't think he has been happy there since George got there. Lost his "yes" wingman and the team stopped listening to him.

I don't know, on that point. Maybe Ferrari is showing him something in the car for the future regs that he knows he won't get at Merc 🤷

My guesses are:

Either enough key people at Mercedes have departed that he doesn’t like the direction of the team. Or he sees something that gives him optimism for Ferrari.

Failing all that, he thinks no one outside of RBR has a chance and he wants to chase a dream.

He knew what he was doing in 2012, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Just finished "Drive to Survive-Season 6". It's very good. Netflix does a great job with this show.
Three episodes in so far. Has been fun. I wasn't sure what they would be able to talk about beside the domination by Max and Red Bull. But, they have done a good job of behind the scenes storylines.

Reactions: Orange Maniac

VN Store

Back