Forget Adoree. I'd rather add Sawyers

Would not hurt my feelings to see the coaches make a call to Chris Lammons. Remember the kid sporting the UT bracelet for some time and seeming to want to be a Vol. Maybe the Adoree hope left no spot for someone like Chris. Would he listen? Awful late, but would be a quality addition IMO.

I'll allow it. :thumbsup:

Wow how quickly things change. Everybody was talkin about how badly we needed AJ. I also heard people say that we didn't need sawyers because we got Robertson. Now all of a sudden its no big deal, we don't need him and I would rather have this guy or that guy over AJ.

We lost a true stud people, its a fact. I hate it and it sucks but its a fact. No reason to sugar coat it or make stupid hindsight comments. Just call it for what it is; a huge letdown.

Ummm, 99% of people on VN are aware of this. The OP doesn't speak for the majority of VN regarding this subject.

Reactions: 1 person
We need corners just as bad as we need DL. We already have a great DLine haul, while our CB haul is great but not deep. 1 thing that helps the DLine is having great coverage. It gives the line more time to get to the QB. AJ over Sawyers

We just disagree I guess. I don't think you can ever stockpile enough elite DL in the SEC. By far, our biggest deficiency the last few years, and difference between us and the top tier of the SEC, has been the defensive line.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about our Dbs this year, especially with Sutton and some really good talent coming for the secondary this year. As for the DL, i'm quite nervous with where we are with that position.

right now on DL we have

O. Williams
Thomas
Barnett
Hendrix
Henderson
Mosley
Robinson (maybe OL)
Mixon

im not as worried about our DL depth coming in this year as everyone else.

but CB we have

Payne
Moseley
Berry (maybe, might play offense)
Gaulden (either CB or S)

Reactions: 2 people
We need both, but quite frankly I don't remember the last top 5 CB in country that we pulled in. I'm sure Berry could have played CB in college, but since Jason Allen's junior year before he got injured we haven't had a lock down CB. Sutton has a lot of promise, and I'm excited to see what Evan Berry and Payne will bring, but we have struck out very badly with the top CBs in country as of late. We have done a beautiful job at S this year with Gaulden, TKjr, and McDowell. I know Gaulden may play CB but I think he's best suited at FS/SS. We still desperately need 2-3 more lock down CBs.

Wow how quickly things change. Everybody was talkin about how badly we needed AJ. I also heard people say that we didn't need sawyers because we got Robertson. Now all of a sudden its no big deal, we don't need him and I would rather have this guy or that guy over AJ.

We lost a true stud people, its a fact. I hate it and it sucks but its a fact. No reason to sugar coat it or make stupid hindsight comments. Just call it for what it is; a huge letdown.

Here's a fact: you cannot lose that which you never gained. AJ was never a commit, and we were never his leader. We lost nothing, and I don't see how not landing a long shot from across the country is a huge letdown, unless you allowed yourself a whole lot of false hope based on optimistic postings. Vonn Bell, now that was a huge letdown! But speaking of false hopes, it's also a fact that AJ has signed nothing official yet. Let's see how it plays out. Obviously, we almost certainly will not sign him. But until ink hits paper and paper hits fax, it's not over.

I would rather have landed AJ too, but if we can land a nice DT in his place, that's a pretty terrific prize in itself. Keep the faith man!

Reactions: 4 people
I never thought he would come to UT anyways so this isn't a shocker to me. I am just glad that the staff is relentless in recruiting.

I think UT was never really in it for Adoree. He just wanted the twitter followers and attention. Which is fine.

So all of the elite DB's LSu and Bama have had has had nothing to do with their success?
Yes. Patrick Peterson was a scrub til he played on team with stud linemen. So was D Miliner. Defensive backs are overrated.

Eric Berry started at corner as a freshman. Could have played there forever.

In the SEC, games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, period. To be the best in this league you must stockpile all the elite talent you can get on your OL and DL. That is why, despite Adoree being a phenomenal talent, in the grand scheme of our rebuilding we will be better off getting Sawyers instead. Now reel him in Butch and let's call it a day on the excellent 2014 class.
I really liked Paula Jean and I really liked Mona. The most fun night of my life was spent with both of them. Do you get the synergy here?:birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle:

No offense - but we didn't lose anything. We never had AJ to lose. We did a great job recruiting him but there was a reason 0 out of 45 reporters had predicted him to Tennessee. No letdown here - it was great to get him in his final group. Let's move on.

In the SEC, games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, period. To be the best in this league you must stockpile all the elite talent you can get on your OL and DL. That is why, despite Adoree being a phenomenal talent, in the grand scheme of our rebuilding we will be better off getting Sawyers instead. Now reel him in Butch and let's call it a day on the excellent 2014 class.

No, we won't be better off. You're just bitter and delusional.

I would be elated with either of them. AJ is a freak of an athlete, but if you get a chance to get another quality DL, you take him. If I had to choose, I'd take the DL! How many times did you see EB making tackles 9-15 yards down the field because our DL folded like an eighth grader at the senior prom! Take the DL!

And in the this era where everyone is running variation of the spread you need need elite DBs's that can play man to man without getting burnt.

1KB

Yeah Hannibal....I smell it too.

VN Store

Back