Forget Adoree. I'd rather add Sawyers

87Vol

In the SEC, games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, period. To be the best in this league you must stockpile all the elite talent you can get on your OL and DL. That is why, despite Adoree being a phenomenal talent, in the grand scheme of our rebuilding we will be better off getting Sawyers instead. Now reel him in Butch and let's call it a day on the excellent 2014 class.

Reactions: 7 people
In the SEC, games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, period. To be the best in this league you must stockpile all the elite talent you can get on your OL and DL. That is why, despite Adoree being a phenomenal talent, in the grand scheme of our rebuilding we will be better off getting Sawyers instead. Now reel him in Butch and let's call it a day on the excellent 2014 class.
Nope. Not me.

Reactions: 7 people
Wow how quickly things change. Everybody was talkin about how badly we needed AJ. I also heard people say that we didn't need sawyers because we got Robertson. Now all of a sudden its no big deal, we don't need him and I would rather have this guy or that guy over AJ.

We lost a true stud people, its a fact. I hate it and it sucks but its a fact. No reason to sugar coat it or make stupid hindsight comments. Just call it for what it is; a huge letdown.

Reactions: 2 people
You must be nuts!

Nope, the line of scrimmage is far more important in the SEC. Lacking enough elite talent on the DL over the last few years is the biggest reason we have stunk so bad and dropped so far in the league pecking order.

So all of the elite DB's LSu and Bama have had has had nothing to do with their success?

Jackson in my opinion to USCwest, Sawyers has a rekindled interest in TN. We can't get enough on the Dline. I would be content with adding Sawyers.

Reactions: 1 person
If we hang on to the ones we have committed and after the addition of Scott we finish with an instate rivals 250 5.8 four star 300lb pure DT (Sawyers) I will be happy jack :)

I know there are people that are probably upset about not getting Adoree and don't agree with the OP, but I actually am with the OP. Our biggest need at this time is getting a solid DL. Adoree is an amazing talent, but I'd prefer that we fill our needs and hold on to this amazing class (yes, this class is still amazing without Adoree).

Let's close out this top 10 class with getting Sawyers and holding on to our commits. GBO!!! :salute:

So all of the elite DB's LSu and Bama have had has had nothing to do with their success?

Not as much as their overwhelmingly dominant defensive lines with unbelievable depth. A great DL and pass rush can turn an average secondary into a really good one.

I'm not saying great talent in the secondary is unimportant. I'm just say that DL is significantly more important.

We need corners just as bad as we need DL. We already have a great DLine haul, while our CB haul is great but not deep. 1 thing that helps the DLine is having great coverage. It gives the line more time to get to the QB. AJ over Sawyers

We need corners just as bad as we need DL. We already have a great DLine haul, while our CB haul is great but not deep. 1 thing that helps the DLine is having great coverage. It gives the line more time to get to the QB. AJ over Sawyers

Honestly, I'm not too worried about our Dbs this year, especially with Sutton and some really good talent coming for the secondary this year. As for the DL, i'm quite nervous with where we are with that position.

Would not hurt my feelings to see the coaches make a call to Chris Lammons. Remember the kid sporting the UT bracelet for some time and seeming to want to be a Vol. Maybe the Adoree hope left no spot for someone like Chris. Would he listen? Awful late, but would be a quality addition IMO.

VN Store

Back