For those who stand at games

is accaptable. Standing through most of the game is not.
It is rude and disrepectful to those behind.
After all, the fans paid for a SEAT!.

This can be remedied. Create a standing only section.
Can fit more people in a section with no seats.

The bunches of blue haired UGA fans I was sitting around disagree. Even several couples of at least 80 year old people stood for 95% of that game. And the more amazing thing is I didn't hear any of them complain even once.

I'm all for sitting while Vols are on offense. But on D, and especially on 3rd down, if you don't want to stand, then you've got no gripe. You think Neyland will get back to being an intimidating venue if 90% are on their rears?? In order to create a hostile environment needs to be loud and disruptive to the other team. Doesn't happen if folks are sitting down.

This is pretty much my philosophy. If the opposing team has the ball, you need to be loud.

That's why I sit on my sofa and watch the 60 inch w/surround sound. And...when the game is over I can take a nice nap.

According to some peoples reasoning there is no reason for seats in Neyland Stadium.
Gee, the school could have saved lots of money if they had not installed seats.

Maybe they wanted people to be able to relax and watch the game. Not counting children, the eldery, and people with back and leg problems.

I'm amazed that people can so rude and selfish.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't care if you sit or stand, but I will be standing on every 3rd down and big moment. The thing I don't get is how people can sit with their hands in their lap when 95,000 people are screaming at a critical moment.
I'm not talking about people who are unable, there's just some people who refuse to cheer.

I like them, I dont care that people stand up. But im a 6'5" so I try to be nice and stay seated as much as my excitement will let me. However last year at the UGA had the 3 rudest georgia girls sitting behind me, soon as i sat in my seat one tapped me on the shoulder and said "I know your not going to stand up the whole time or I will get an usher" Stood up the whole time the ushers response to the young ladies comments were "miss he paid for a ticket just as you did so he as every right to do as he pleases in his own seat"

Good for you...I'm the same way. I'm 6'4" and 285. I try to be accomodating, but if some fat Georgia girl taps me on the shoulder and threatens to call security on me if I stand...well, she just bought a seat with a 6'4" 285lb. obstruction in front of it.

I'm all for sitting while Vols are on offense. But on D, and especially on 3rd down, if you don't want to stand, then you've got no gripe. You think Neyland will get back to being an intimidating venue if 90% are on their rears?? In order to create a hostile environment needs to be loud and disruptive to the other team. Doesn't happen if folks are sitting down.

I share this opinion. Why not sit while our team is on offense. Stand if there is a big play. Stand while we're on defense. Sit between quarters and at halftime. Why can't vol nation compromise?

Reactions: 2 people
I share this opinion. Why not sit while our team is on offense. Stand if there is a big play. Stand while we're on defense. Sit between quarters and at halftime. Why can't vol nation compromise?

This is my philosophy as well. By the time each quarter ends, I'm ready to sit down and rest any way(especially this year).:)

I don't mind sitting parts of the game though I would prefer if everyone stood the whole time. If people in front of me are sitting then I sit unless something happens and I need to stand or am celebrating.

That being said I have had about 50 rows of people standing in front of me and the people behind me ask me to sit down. If I sit down, then I can't see. I can't make the whole stadium sit down. Just not gonna happen.

Personally, I would love to stand. However, after 3 knee surgeries and walking a mile to the game, I simply cannot do it. I sit the majority of the time but stand when everyone else stands. Generally, these are for big plays or when we are trying to make a bunch of noise for the opposing offense. It's annoying when people stand the entire time for no reason, but try to endure it as much as I can. There is only one time I can recall where I asked someone to sit down as he and his friend were the only two standing in the entire section for no particular reason. I was extremely polite and they obliged.

As you think less of those who like to sit, please understand that sometimes there are reasons why they need to sit down. :rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
All I say about sitting or standing is be considerate of the people around you. If there's no problems, stand away. I find very few people complain if I stand in celebration.

All I say about sitting or standing is be considerate of the people around you. If there's no problems, stand away. I find very few people complain if I stand in celebration.

Are you speaking English? I've found most around here don't understand the statement you just made.

Reactions: 1 person
I like them, I dont care that people stand up. But im a 6'5" so I try to be nice and stay seated as much as my excitement will let me. However last year at the UGA had the 3 rudest georgia girls sitting behind me, soon as i sat in my seat one tapped me on the shoulder and said "I know your not going to stand up the whole time or I will get an usher" Stood up the whole time the ushers response to the young ladies comments were "miss he paid for a ticket just as you did so he as every right to do as he pleases in his own seat"

Im in the middle on standing up, on 3rd down I wish the whole stadium would stand up for the Defense. On 2nd and long on offense, I really dont get it.

Either way when im at an opposing stadium I dont think I would ever tell the fan in front of me to sit down

is it really that bad? First game this weekend, but when watching at home I'm jumping up and down, getting up and cheering. It's football!!!! Even charger fans stand up most of the game!

"When-in-Rome-do-as-the-Romans-do" or "When in Neyland...

I stand when those in front of me stand (or a big play or something) and when everyone behind me sits I try to sit down too. Seems like most people follow this program.

Fairly simple program y'all!

I am glad i could contribute to the 5 page dialogue on this... :crazy:

VN Store

Back