Football players carrying canoe paddles on campus

Daniel Lincoln back on campus promoting his new SEAL team training DVD. First 200 customers get a commemorative paddle. Fact.

Someone was outside of Gibbs Hall playing Banjo Music last night...

Great stuff buTch!!

Build the muscles and teamwork attitudes at the same time and add in a little hard working fun for the guys.

I love it!

BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!

Looks like there were cameramen there as well so we will get a better look at it all later down the line.

PS Hurd is as big as our tight end...defenses beware.

This took place down the street from my house. I passed team 119 getting off the buses at Cove Park in Farragut late yesterday....I love the team building Butch does.

Hurd is nearly the same weight as some of our defensive ends... In other words, imagine Curt Maggitt with the agility of a running back. Would not want to tackle that.

Undoubtedly this. Some message Butch is pushing through the summer, along the lines of, "We only win if everyone has their oar in the water, helping pull us to greatness. So here, carry this oar around for a day, think deep about whether you're pulling as hard as your teammates, and whether you could pull a little harder."

Something like that.

You really found it necessary to come up with a motivational talk instead of just saying its for motivational purposes?

11146836.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
The Program Builds Leaders On The Water - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

"People ask us all the time, `How did the team do?'" Kapitulik said. "We always answer the same way. Don't ask us how the team did, ask `How did the leaders do?' Because that's how the team does. If I'm a UT fan, I'm proud because not only do you have a great football team, but you have a team full of great men and great leaders."

The Program staff explained to team leaders what the team needed to accomplish, then left it up to members of the player staff to lead their teammates into executing those goals. One of the objectives was to eliminate "good enough" from their vocabularies. If one teammate failed to execute a warm-up drill to perfection, the entire team was forced to repeat it. The exercise also teaches accountability, as players had to watch each other, to hold each other accountable for doing things to perfection.

Reactions: 1 person
Heard Alex Bullard was ina bad wreck today in Franklin. Current at Vandy Hospital. Prayers for him
Can someone start a thread for prayers? My buddy works with Alex at Aflac. My post count isnt high enough yet.broken femur and more. Heard he has sleeping disorder

Hate to hear this!

VN Store

Back