Football players carrying canoe paddles on campus

Maybe they are doing a type of navy seal hell week training for a team building exercise.

See any guys who look like they may be Navy SEALs leading the charge there, Tix79? I've heard of SEALs (off duty) running one- or two-day motivational camps sorta like this at other programs in the past, could very well be the answer.

Reactions: 1 person
Team building exercises. I believe an ex navy seal (DP correct me if I am wrong) is leading them with some tough training exercises. Cool stuff.

Reactions: 11 people
I didn't see any normal coaches out there, I saw a bunch of support staff. I could have just been too far away though. All the players were wearing the same outfit, dark shorts with a grey stripe and smoky grey tank tops with a power T on the chest. Looked pretty nice

It was very seal training like, they had them laying on the shore arms linked in the water, doing push-ups with oars, carrying rafts, hand pump filling up rafts, and doing lots of teamwork, helping each other dress etc

Looked hard, but fun

Reactions: 4 people
They saw the 1984 movie "Up the Creek" with Tim Matheson and wanted to have some fun?

Up20The20Creek.jpg

That's Rush Chairman Eric Stratten, he was damn glad to meet you.

Edit: Just watched the video, it looks like they're doing SEAL training at BUDS. I've heard of coaches bringing in SEALS to train teams for the day or weekend.

Last edited:
They are going to collectively slap their oars into the water, creating a large splash that is directed at a large patch of bamboo

Heard Alex Bullard was ina bad wreck today in Franklin. Current at Vandy Hospital. Prayers for him
Can someone start a thread for prayers? My buddy works with Alex at Aflac. My post count isnt high enough yet.broken femur and more. Heard he has sleeping disorder

Reactions: 4 people
Saw Dobbs,JRM, Ev. Berry, and Johnathan Johnson carrying canoe paddles on campus today walking around to classes. Anyone know if this is related to something in the weight room maybe? Or maybe they are just planning an afternoon kayaking trip. Haha

You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin' as it flows
And a dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores...and

I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

Reactions: 2 people
You know a dream is like a river
Ever changin' as it flows
And a dreamer's just a vessel
That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you
And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle
Just to stay between the shores...and

I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

Garth Brooks ladies and gentleman, let's give him a hand!

Man, Jalen Hurd looks like a beast in that video. I can believe he is over 240 right now. And none of it fat.

VN Store

Back