Florida To Open At -5 at UT?

I'd take us and those points. UF is not a good team (about even with us), and I think even we could run on them and keep the ball a good chunk of the game. Franks panics with the lesser amount of time he has and makes mistakes. Home field is the difference maker, as it was last year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So the question is, how much should we wager to buy a Vols victory?? Of course it could be a win/loss if UF doesn't cover! I'll take Florida for 100, Alex!

I don't see any way that UT is favored here. I think the gators open in the -6 to -8 range.

I think OP is correct that they'll open it around UF -4.5 to get even money, but I think the public is going to lay it on Florida all the way up to Florida -7 or maybe more

Reactions: jonnon111
I will guess it could be a Pick'em, but +/- 3 pts either way wouldn't surprise me. A significant factor we have no way of knowing is the relative $$$ that have been placed for/against the teams so far...in other words, is the betting public overly neg or positive on either team.

Reactions: savannahfan
I gotta see how they score that half point!!! The factional points on these are hilarious

giphy.gif

If people want to bet more money on florida probably is based on how we give games away when we play them. I'm believing we'll have the energy and the desire and we will win saturday.

Reactions: Vol524
3 or 4 sounds about right.

UT hasnt been impressive. UF really hasnt either.

Looking for a very competitive and ugly game.

the opening line is FLORIDA (-4)
FLORIDA 35 TENNESSEE 28
Lines haven't been released yet, the line you're seeing is from a preseason futures bet. I'm going to say this line will slightly favor UT, like -3. Tennessee isnt a very good football team but if you have paid attention to Florida the past 3 weeks they have more issues than Tennessee. Their offense is terrible with Frank's and their rushing attack is non existent against some pretty weak competition. In their win yesterday they had to rely on some special teams miscues from CSU to put that game out of reach. Their rush defense is probably the worst in the conference. In fact Florida is ranked 121 in the country in rush defense giving up 262 yards per game.

Reactions: lifeVol
Lines haven't been released yet, the line you're seeing is from a preseason futures bet. I'm going to say this line will slightly favor UT, like -3. Tennessee isnt a very good football team but if you have paid attention to Florida the past 3 weeks they have more issues than Tennessee. Their offense is terrible with Frank's and their rushing attack is non existent against some pretty weak competition. In their win yesterday they had to rely on some special teams miscues from CSU to put that game out of reach. Their rush defense is probably the worst in the conference. In fact Florida is ranked 121 in the country in rush defense giving up 262 yards per game.
Didn't UNLV have 400 yards rushing on UTEP, but we weren't close to that. It's a rivalry game, stats go out the window

I guess I could see 3 pts to Fla just based on recent history in the series, but that's it. Unless the D makes Franks look better than he is, we can win this game. Their OL underwhelms. Our OL underwhelms. Our skill players are as good, maybe better at RB.

As insane as it sounds, this might be our easiest sec opponent. And we might be theirs too. At least to this point.

VN Store

Back