Florida Schools: DEI Abolished

Because generally speaking, black people are less qualified than white people? Yes?
Technically yes, but it’s more about socio-economic background. Like, the average black person has to take their own at bats, while the average white person is born already on base, so it’s easier to end up more qualified.

If I were born in poverty, and my parents hadn’t had a college fund that covered me all the way through grad school, and a new car and a crypto account with couple BTCs waiting for me when I finished school, I probably wouldn’t be as far along in life, or as qualified for what I do.

Reactions: esarmstrong
Technically yes, but it’s more about socio-economic background. Like, the average black person has to take their own at bats, while the average white person is born already on base, so it’s easier to end up more qualified.

If I were born in poverty, and my parents hadn’t had a college fund that covered me all the way through grad school, and a new car and a crypto account with couple BTCs waiting for me when I finished school, I probably wouldn’t be as far along in life, or as qualified for what I do.

It’s almost as if, from a macro standpoint, 7-8 generations of being denied equal access to education, employment and housing played a part in that socioeconomic background you mentioned.

Last edited:
It’s almost as if, from a macro standpoint, 7-8 generations of being denied equal access to education, employment and housing played a part in that socioeconomic background you mentioned.
Pfft, nah, it’s gotta be all those “single-parent households.” Because, you know, there aren’t any white kids brought up by single parents.

Exactly right, so restricting access to a race so you can include a different race is illegal. Hiring people for jobs they are not qualified for based on their race is illegal....why most blue cities are dumpster fires right now.

Define dumpster fire. Overwhelmingly,most violent and least safe cities are small towns and a majority of those are in the South. Anniston, Alabama isn't exactly a blue city

Reactions: EasternVol
Please post a similar timeline for African and Asian slavery. I have a feeling you will not be using any yellow nor green ink.

Put in your own work and post it yourself.

The indoctrination of bigotry and hatred towards a specific group of people is not a four centuries old, US-only phenomenon.

But damn we were good at it for a really long time.

Indoctrination of people to be bigots and haters?

That train left the station four centuries ago. 😂

View attachment 626550
Republicans freed the Democrat's slaves about 160 years ago. The Republicans shut down the Democrat's Jim Crow laws, KKK, and got civil rights passed, despite Democrats fire-hosing black folks and inciting racial division. Now the Democrats are pushing racial and gender division for votes from the same people they repressed for hundreds of years. When do people drop all the racism and divisive hatred Democrats keep stirring up via DEI, feminism and such?

Reactions: onevol74
Put in your own work and post it yourself.

The indoctrination of bigotry and hatred towards a specific group of people is not a four centuries old, US-only phenomenon.

But damn we were good at it for a really long time.
Long time?

There is a saying - British think 200 miles is a long distance and Americans think 200 years is a long time.

Brits were good at it long before Americans gained independence.

There has been continuous slavery on the African continent since the Hebrews were enslaved in OT times; and continues today.

Yes, long time.

Yes, and several posts ago I acknowledged slavery, oppression and the indoctrination of hate against a particular group of people wasn’t solely an American phenomenon.

Also yes, 400 years is a long time.

In fairness, our basketball team is about 50% white and they might make the tournament, so there’s that.

About those equal opportunities…in a country closing in on its 250th birthday, we are only about 60 years removed from racial discrimination (education, employment, housing, etc.) being ruled by law as illegal.
Some of us chose not to live in the past. Why should we?

Indoctrination of people to be bigots and haters?

That train left the station four centuries ago. 😂

View attachment 626550
I am not sorry to refuse your guilt party. I am a descendant of poor white share cropping Scotch Irish and Melungeons. We were never given preferential treatment for anything and never participated in slavery. If you think slaves were treated poorly then go and research what they did to the Melungeons. But we refuse to be your victims.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I am not sorry to refuse your guilt party. I am a descendant of poor white share cropping Scotch Irish and Melungeons. We were never given preferential treatment for anything and never participated in slavery. If you think slaves were treated poorly then go and research what they did to the Melungeons. But we refuse to be your victims.
How long did you get equal treatment under the law vs slaves/black people/african Americans? Were your people segregated up in the 60's or no?

Newsflash 99% of us are descendants of poor people. That's how civilization works.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
How long did you get equal treatment under the law vs slaves/black people/african Americans? Were your people segregated up in the 60's or no?

Newsflash 99% of us are descendants of poor people. That's how civilization works.
As he said, research the history of the Melungeons. Yes, they were segregated and denied their rights until mid century. Sometimes still today in the backwoods areas.

Reactions: onevol74
Republicans freed the Democrat's slaves about 160 years ago. The Republicans shut down the Democrat's Jim Crow laws, KKK, and got civil rights passed, despite Democrats fire-hosing black folks and inciting racial division. Now the Democrats are pushing racial and gender division for votes from the same people they repressed for hundreds of years. When do people drop all the racism and divisive hatred Democrats keep stirring up via DEI, feminism and such?
Kinda true,kinda not true. While they were called Democratic the actual party was called Democratic -Republican. As you may know,the South was heavily Democratic in terms of party up until the civil rights movement. It was LBJ who told Bill Moyer's that by signing the civil rights legislation,"we may have lost the South", which they did. The South turned overwhelmingly to Republican.
Here are just a few acts by the Democrats.
Civil rights,voting rights,clean water, clean Air,Medicare, Medicaid, Disability,workers comp, GI bill, LGBTQ marriage, right to union,40 hour work week, equal right to housing, education, the New Deal.Income Tax(was first passed on only top 1%)-plus more.
In terms of important legislation passed by one party-there are really no comparisons. Yes Lincoln was a Republican but would he be part of today's Republican party?

VN Store

Back