Florida Schools: DEI Abolished

vol_in_ga

Vols Deep
Think it will hurt recruiting or nah?

I doubt it will matter much. DEI and athletics seldom co-mingle. Florida probably won't be the last state to drop DEI. DEI is why we got Bru to some extent. I think USC had 10 open lawsuits in access of 10m in total damages filed by former students against USC due to the DEI department at the time of Bru's departure. I think we've all noticed Bru's high character since he's been here. If they took all the money from DEI and poured it into founding education in underpriviledged communities, we wouldn't need DEI in the first place. But they don't do that. For some reason of all the possible solutions, they NEVER do that.

If you think UF eliminating DEI won’t have any effect, you’re not thinking.

This place should be rejoicing.
You're nuts, man. DEI is ridiculous and anyone with a brainstem knows it. I SERIOUSLY doubt 4 and 5 star athletes are sitting around crying about DEI being eliminated. I wish UT would do the same. Its a ****ing crock. But I get it... too much money in racism and bigotry to move forward.

We couldn't get NIL right before our governor eliminated DEI.

Now our rivals have two things to negatively recruit against us.

0-12

Not being racist, everyone should have the same opportunities. But if you want DEI, then who on your team are you kicking off so 50% of the team is white guys? What about the basketball team? How would you say that is inclusion and equity?

Hypocrite much? Careful what you wish for.....

Reactions: onevol74
Not being racist, everyone should have the same opportunities. But if you want DEI, then who on your team are you kicking off so 50% of the team is white guys? What about the basketball team? How would you say that is inclusion and equity?

Hypocrite much? Careful what you wish for.....

In fairness, our basketball team is about 50% white and they might make the tournament, so there’s that.

About those equal opportunities…in a country closing in on its 250th birthday, we are only about 60 years removed from racial discrimination (education, employment, housing, etc.) being ruled by law as illegal.

Last edited:
In fairness, our basketball team is about 50% white and they might make the tournament, so there’s that.

About those equal opportunities…in a country closing in on its 250th birthday, we are only 60 years removed from racial discrimination being ruled by law as illegal.
Exactly right, so restricting access to a race so you can include a different race is illegal. Hiring people for jobs they are not qualified for based on their race is illegal....why most blue cities are dumpster fires right now.

About those equal opportunities…in a country closing in on its 250th birthday, we are only 60 years removed from racial discrimination (education, employment, housing, etc.) being ruled by law as illegal.
You also didnt mention the football team....are you going to make 11 of your 22 starters white guys? I seriously doubt it.

Exactly right, so restricting access to a race so you can include a different race is illegal. Hiring people for jobs they are not qualified for based on their race is illegal....why most blue cities are dumpster fires right now.

Because generally speaking, black people are less qualified than white people? Yes?

As much as I would love UF to be hurt by this and glad that a university system took this step (double win), this just isn't going to effect UF athletics in any meaningful way.

UF athletics was competent prior to DEI and they will be after DEI. Now, if only we could convince UF to keep Billy...

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back