Florida names Luke Del Rio starting QB for Sept. 3 opener vs. UMass

I'm assuming that is sarcasm because studs would not be the adjective I would use for them. I do think Pearson and Malone are talented so this year is big to see their production.

North and Pearson would have been UF's #1 and #2 WRs to begin last season.

North was a 5* guy if memory serves, and Pearson was a heavily coveted JUCO kid.

North and Pearson would have been UF's #1 and #2 WRs to begin last season.

North was a 5* guy if memory serves, and Pearson was a heavily coveted JUCO kid.

North also was hurt a lot. VP was a starting receiver for us, though due to a great many things that weren't entirely within his control, didn't have the numbers associated with a top tier receiver.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I don't care if Florida fields a team of 11-year old girls, I just want to beat them. We've "had them beat" and "been the better team" for a few years now with nothing to show. I don't care who starts at QB for them, I won't be excited about it. Just beat them please.

I know right? :)

Hence my use of the word "had" in mentioning Pearson and North.

Of UT's returning receivers, Wolf scares me more than anyone else.

Wolf should see a lot of action this year. Jason Croom is a guy I was really excited about when he committed to TN and it just hasn’t worked out for him yet mostly do to injury but he’s healthy and I expect a big year out of him moving to TE, it's now or never. TN has the tools to hurt a lot of teams through the air this year if Dobbs can be just a bit more accurate, and his receivers help him out a little more. By all accounts they have shown improvement in the passing game but now they have to prove it on the field. Williams has the potential to be special. Malone said the other day he is the healthiest he’s been since his Jr year of high school and he’s looking really good. Jauan Jennings has Sunday talent and Tyler Byrd and Marquez Callaway are two guys coming in that have really impressed the staff. Teams better not sleep on Josh Smith either. They have the weapons.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I don't care if Florida fields a team of 11-year old girls, I just want to beat them. We've "had them beat" and "been the better team" for a few years now with nothing to show. I don't care who starts at QB for them, I won't be excited about it. Just beat them please.

I feel the same way. I hear people saying I want this guy or that guy out there, I want to beat them at their best. I just want to beat them and I don't care how it happens. By 1 or 100, I don't care if the Swamp Donkey himself has to play QB. People remember beating FL in 04, they don't remember who was out for that game.

Reactions: 1 person
He'll get knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter against the Vols and the back up TE will go in as QB for the gators and lead them to another 1 point win... FML... #VolTroubles

I'm assuming that is sarcasm because studs would not be the adjective I would use for them. I do think Pearson and Malone are talented so this year is big to see their production.

In a different offense they would have been. Our coaching staff looked at their talent and said "man, they will be great at run blocking". Coach ZA had them catching passes within 5 yards of he line of scrimmage for some reason. He wanted them to catch the ball then make someone miss instead of beat them on the catch and run

VN Store

Back