Florida Game

that's the big thing as it takes several to start it. so i highly doubt it will happen but to say you have done it twice in your life on the way to winning two national titles in 15 years would be priceless imo. besides it didn't happen in 2004 so it probably won't happen this time.

Now that's funny...except you just set me out to sea! :)

The needs of many out weighs the needs of the few... sorry some must sacrifice that life will be improved, now if we can get bugs to take care of the left coast for us as well.. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
You are all out of your minds if you think fans won't storm the field after a W over Florida. Its been 7 years. I don't care if we beat them by 50, Im on a goal post.

Don't taze me, bro.

Reactions: 2 people
that's the big thing as it takes several to start it. so i highly doubt it will happen but to say you have done it twice in your life on the way to winning two national titles in 15 years would be priceless imo. besides it didn't happen in 2004 so it probably won't happen this time.

In 2004, we hadn't lost 7 in a row...

florida.gif

Remember this cartoon...Bugs was trying to do everything illegal to prove that he could get by with it and this is one of the things he did...In the final frames he said, "They wouldn't put me in jail, would they?" and the camera pans back to him looking through bars....
Wish he really had sawed Florida off, though....

If we are 6-0 and then beat a #1 Alabama team, I might say that storming the field would be acceptable. I wouldn't give Florida the pleasure of thinking they're more important than they are.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This exactly! I will be at both, but will only rush down when WE BEAT BAMA! I am going to get stomped by over 105,000 of my best friends there, Join us, will be good times!
-T-

We shouldn't do it. UF isn't the same UF. Storming the field should has to mean something when you are a Vol fan.

Wow what a dumba$$ statement!
UF has owned the vols since ~96 there have been four different Coaches with the same result. Win a couple in a row handily and then maybe you can you can say that.

UF has owned the vols since ~96 there have been four different Coaches with the same result. Win a couple in a row handily and then maybe you can you can say that.

So you want us storm the field when UF comes to Knoxville unranked? They are going to be 1-1 with a loss to Texas A&M. Do we look like Kentucky? We don't storm the field just because we get owned by a team for so long and we only beat them in their down years.

Also by reading this, I see how much you know.

Last edited:

You have to be young. UF has owned UT way before 1996. UF has owned UT for about 40 years. The two teams have played each year since 1990 with UF holding a 16-6 edge in the last 22 games. UF also won in '84 &'85 as well as in the late '70's.

Are you a fan that thinks UT is a historically elite program? Elite programs don't storm the field. Leave that to the UK's and Vandy's of the world. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You have to be young. UF has owned UT way before 1996. UF has owned UT for about 40 years. The two teams have played each year since 1990 with UF holding a 16-6 edge in the last 22 games. UF also won in '84 &'85 as well as in the late '70's.

I just don't understand? Why do we struggle with Florida so much? Even when we are the better team we still lose. It unbelievable.

I just don't understand? Why do we struggle with Florida so much? Even when we are the better team we still lose. It unbelievable.

They always seem to come into the game loose while UT is wound up from the coaches down. I don't get it either. It seemed like the teams from '98-'04 kept it in check better. Manning always seemed like he had something to prove (in the media's eyes especially). Martin didn't know any better in '98 and he didn't play that great of a game...the D is another story! :)

So you want us storm the field when UF comes to Knoxville unranked? They are going to be 1-1 with a loss to Texas A&M. Do we look like Kentucky? We don't storm the field just because we get owned by a team for so long and we only beat them in their down years.

Also by reading this, I see how much you know.

Totally agree! UF will be 1-2 after the UT game!

They always seem to come into the game loose while UT is wound up from the coaches down. I don't get it either. It seemed like the teams from '98-'04 kept it in check better. Manning always seemed like he had something to prove (in the media's eyes especially). Martin didn't know any better in '98 and he didn't play that great of a game...the D is another story! :)

Imo I feel like Tennessee is about to take control of this rivalry again. Muschamp isn't that good of a coach. I feel as thou the Vols know they can beat UF but have just never capitalized. We are going to shock the world this year. I can feel it. I felt we would shock the in 2007 even after the loss to UF and Cal that year.

Totally agree! UF will be 1-2 after the UT game!

So glad UF gets to play a SEC before they play us. It could really turn this rivalry around. My question is will we have to play an SEC game before we play UF in later years.

Bad Idea....You will spend a night in Jail...NOW...a little different...Insurance Liability

I wont be heading to the field if we win, stand back and watch the suckers that do...students only...

Bad Idea....You will spend a night in Jail...NOW...a little different...Insurance Liability

I wont be heading to the field if we win, stand back and watch the suckers that do...students only...

Is this really true? Never stormed a field or court before.

My comment was directed more to the over looking of UF by everyone in this thread. We have not been able to beat even a bad UF team lately. Don't get it

They can storm the field for anyone but just winning the third game of the season is never grounds for it

Storming the field is stupid. How does causing damage help recruiting?!?

uf---tough schedule with back to back road games with texas a&M and UT. Hopefully, uf is worn down after the a&M game.

uf---tough schedule with back to back road games with texas a&M and UT. Hopefully, uf is worn down after the a&M game.
Agreed. UF is going to have to use a lot of energy to beat Texas A&M at the 12th man this year. Lets hope they don't.

If we are 6-0 and then beat a #1 Alabama team, I might say that storming the field would be acceptable. I wouldn't give Florida the pleasure of thinking they're more important than they are.

Thank you. It's been 4 years w/o a real team. Way to much credit to them. I say the stadium and players walk of the field in silence acting like we've been there before and expected it. After all we have 6 more years of paayback just to get even!

VN Store

Back