Florida fans lol!

Cleveland is a very nice city, IMO. They've done a lot to clean it up in the last several years.

I agree. Spent lots of time up there. Now the East Side is one of the roughest areas in the country. But all in all Cleveland is a good town with a lot to offer IMO. Their corned beef is the shiz.

:rock:I have to say I live in Lakeland Fl , beside lake Gibson High home of Trent Taylor and the Gator fans here are a little worried. They well the ones I've spoke to even watched the vols on ppv, tell me their not worried

I live in Oviedo. Times are tough and am hoping for better this weekend. Time to shed the monkey.

Read one thread about how they gators only needed to double team J. Hunter and they'd be fine... :shhh: We should probably let them keep thinking that. :zeitung_lesen:

I highly doubt it was their coaches saying this. What fans think have no bearing on the outcome. What difference does it make what they think?

Went on a Florida board today just to see what the common opinion was. Almost all totally dismissed us as an easy win. But one guy post their db's will very easily contain our wr's. Then like 5 different posters copied and agreed. Soo rediculose. You'd think even an optimistic fan would say those wr's scare me a little but I still think we win. I never said a few years ago tebow won't be effective scrambling on third and short. They're just delusional!!
Which is any different than the fans on here dismissing the gators as an easy win?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

19134157.jpg

There are some HOMER fans saying UF will kill UT and vice versa from the UT boards. Truth is noone knows yet. I see this as a 06 type game -- lower scoring grind fest. I have much respect for UT but the truth is neither team has a quality win. NCSTATE struggled last week against UCON....not much to brag about there and A&M has no identity yet with the new coaches.

THe majority of UF fans that I know are realistic and scared as hell.

Which board? Most of the ones I've read are giving Tennessee's O due respect. Are you just making this up to give you a chip on your shoulder heading into Saturday?

Didn't realize fans not playing in the game required a 'chip' on their shouldder.

Afraid he won't invite you to his tailgate now?

Have you ever seen a team coming off back-to-back seven loss seasons, so incredibly full of themselves after wins over NCS and GaSt? Oh wait, it's Tennesee, they do this every year. I get that they're all hungry and eager to be relevant again, but the total lack of respect for Florida is unbelievable.

Nope, we don't need respect. We don't need respect for the 7 straight wins in this series. We don't need respect for the idea that these teams are practically exactly the same personnel wise as last year, only UF added much more in terms of impactful freshmen. We don't need respect for the fact that we're already battle-tested and have already been in a hostile road environment. We don't need respect for the fact that we're Florida and we beat UTs ass on the reg.

I know that they are a little better than last year but so are the Gators and there Coaching Staff is still a Joke (Dooley). Even with our young D we still got some great experience last week in a very hostile environment. I still don't see them having more talent on offense except maybe the WR play. Anyway I am expecting the Gators to take this game by the 3rd Qrt and win by 2 touchdowns.

Wow.

There are some HOMER fans saying UF will kill UT and vice versa from the UT boards. Truth is noone knows yet. I see this as a 06 type game -- lower scoring grind fest. I have much respect for UT but the truth is neither team has a quality win. NCSTATE struggled last week against UCON....not much to brag about there and A&M has no identity yet with the new coaches.

THe majority of UF fans that I know are realistic and scared as hell.

Pretty good assessment. Both teams played patsies. Both teams played middle of the road teams. I think we handled both teams better, but I think ATM was better than NCSt.

IMO it should be a good game, but I think UT wins.

Pretty good assessment. Both teams played patsies. Both teams played middle of the road teams. I think we handled both teams better, but I think ATM was better than NCSt.

IMO it should be a good game, but I think UT wins.

exciting to see the "rivalry" coming back to these discussions!

Went on a Florida board today just to see what the common opinion was. Almost all totally dismissed us as an easy win. But one guy post their db's will very easily contain our wr's. Then like 5 different posters copied and agreed. Soo rediculose. You'd think even an optimistic fan would say those wr's scare me a little but I still think we win. I never said a few years ago tebow won't be effective scrambling on third and short. They're just delusional!!

Cockiness hurts performance. I prefer being the underdog in this game.

Cockiness hurts performance. I prefer being the underdog in this game.

I don't think fans' cockiness has any bearing on the team's performance. I'm sure there were some GA St. homers on their board that weren't worried about Bray, Hunter, or CP...had no bearing on the outcome.

I don't think fans' cockiness has any bearing on the team's performance. I'm sure there were some GA St. homers on their board that weren't worried about Bray, Hunter, or CP...had no bearing on the outcome.

perhaps i should have said overly cocky - when said cockiness does not correlate to the merits of that individual's performance. in that case, it's easy to lose sight of your own mistakes.

edit: i guess what i'm getting at is it's unwise to underestimate your foe and overestimate your own abilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
They're dismissing us just like we dismissed KY last season...

It is delusional for anyone to believe that their DBs won't struggle to contain our guys.
To be fair, delusional has also been the theme of this board for the past few days.

Whoever said Florida's DB's won't have to work hard to contain Tennessee's receivers is just misinformed. They just don't pay attention to the game and go in depth. Simple as that. Probably a woman - There I said it.

These Florida fans haven't seen good football in so long, they just don't realize what it looks like. All we need are these wideouts and QBs and we will torch them. Our schedule has been way tougher than theirs thus far, and I have liked what I've seen. Texas A&M is a bit overrated, andi don't think NC State and GA State get enought credit- those were SOLID wins. And we haven't even shown 10% of the play book yet! This is gonna get good....

Yes, you have good WRs and a great QB, but at least be serious here. NC State barely beat a bad UConn team on the road. Georgia State is a division 2 team. Bowling Green is a senior laden team where we ran a total of 3 plays, 60% of which were runs in the middle. A&M didn't have the luxury of playing a first game and was fired up and was a conference game on the road. We should all appreciate road wins in conference. I know you really want to win, but at least throw some facts in your assessments, man.

This being said, we should also recognize what rivalry games mean. Records, schedules, etc are all thrown out the window. I think this will be a close game with the team wanting it more pulling out it out in the 4th quarter.

VN Store

Back