'18 FL DE Kayode Oladele

I live in Miami and am excited to see some of his high school games this year. Would be a nice get for us

While the other 2018 Auburn signees take part in summer workouts, Oladele, a 4-star defensive end from Hialeah (Fla.) Champagnat Catholic, is back in Florida waiting to academically cleared by the NCAA.

“I’m really mad, Oladele said. “I’m ready to be in school already. I was supposed to be there working out with the whole team this summer getting ready for fall camp.”

According to Oladele, the No. 13 strong-side end in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, the issue revolves around a class — not a test score.

“In the beginning, they said it was a class,” Oladele said. “The was in May. They said I was short a credit. So I took an online class. I did really good in the class. I think I got a B or B-plus. I finished it and turned in the transcript. Right now, I don’t really know what the holdup is. I did what they told me, so the reason is not clear to me.”

- 247 (Niebuhr) on 6/28.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like Bama conspiracy keeping this kid from enrolling.

Are there any parallels here with JJ?
There was speculation that he may get that as a backup plan but he would still enroll here. Pretty sure it was LA that said that. His statement was more optimistic though. Saying he's still expected to be eligible to play this season but even if not he really wants to be here so this would be the fall back and we would still have him next season. Seems like a new rule that allows you to still get in borderline academics and just redshirt them instead of placing in juco and hoping to resign in 2 years.

He's not JJ's caliber, plus JJ's a ILB. KO has good size (6'5" 240 lbs), very atheletic plays TE/DE, nice WDE talent maybe OLB since he runs around a 4.7. We were in on him with the last staff, and he camped last summer, but I don't know if CJP or Rumph recruited him.

VN Store

Back