'18 FL DE Kayode Oladele

INDIANAPOLIS – Kayode Oladele lives in Florida, but his flight to the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by addidas arrived from Atlanta. The four-star defensive end spent the day leading into the event visiting the campus of Georgia. The takeaways from the trip were the status quo.

“I liked the atmosphere,” Oladele, who was once committed to Florida State, said. “The players there was good. I liked it. It was a nice place.”

According to Oladele, The Bulldogs, along with Miami, Florida State, Baylor Tennessee and Oregon, are among the frontrunners to land his commitment. A decision, however, has not been planned. Oladele has more exploring to do.

“I’m going to visit Tennessee next,” Oladele said. “They want me to come out there. I talked to the head coach, I think, yesterday. He said I’d be very welcomed at Tennessee.”

Oladele plans to commit follow the upcoming season and may wait until his late-December birthday to announce his choice. Florida State, from which he recently decommitted, is still in the running to land his pledge.

RIVALS REACTION: For the time being, FSU has to be considered the frontrunner to land Oladele, but Tennessee and Miami are also heavily in the mix. Georgia, Baylor and Oregon have work to do and could help their standing depending on how future visits unfold. Official visits will likely determine where the Nigerian import lands.

-Rivals

Reactions: 2 people
Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge: The Farrell Awards

PHYSICAL PROWESS: DE KAYODE OLADELE

This goes to the player who looks the best getting off the bus (or in this case coming through registration), and no one looked better on the hoof than Kayode Oladele. He may be raw on the field but the former Florida State commit looks like the perfect hybrid linebacker/pass rusher.

Honorable Mention: Ani Izuchukwu looks the part with almost zero body fat but, like Oladele, he is raw and more of a hybrid player. Wide receivers Kevin Austin and Terrace Marshall look great at that position and Isaac Taylor-Stuart looks huge at cornerback. Offensive lineman Clay Webb looks the part of a future star.

iftqjxerjt6hzsbs7pei

Reactions: 1 person
Article up on 247 if someone want to post it.. Says he is visiting today but thats all I can see through that pay wall.

"The Miami native, who moved to the United States from Nigeria in 2015, worked out in front of Tennessee coaches Thursday at the Vols’ final recruiting camp this summer, enjoying his first-ever trip on Rocky Top.

“Today’s camp was very good,” he told Volquest. “It was good working out with (DL coach Brady Hoke). Doing the 1-on-1’s was awesome. I won all my reps so it was really good.”

Oladele said Hoke convinced him to make the long trip from South Floirda and he enjoyed meeting Tennessee's assistant coach in person Thursday. He said “Tennessee is really talking to me a lot,” and that Hoke is pushing for him to join the 2018 class.

“We have a great relationship. We talked a lot today,” Oladele explained. “He told me that if I come here he would turn me into a good player for this team. … This is a big stadium. This is a great place. Working hard with the d-line coach was pretty good. He teaches good technique and that’s what I really liked about him.”

The 4-star defensive end from Hialeah Campagnat Catholic (Fla.) holds more than dozen offers, and was briefly committed to Florida State before reopening his recruitment in May. He hears regularly from Tennessee, Miami, where he’ll visit Saturday, FSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Baylor.

While he “doesn’t really have any top schools,” Oladele did note that Tennessee would “for sure” get an official visit this fall.

“I don’t really have any top schools. I’m looking at everyone. During my mid-senior season, I’ll make my Top 5 or Top 6 and then go from there,” he said. “But Tennessee will definitely be in my top schools.”

Oladele plans to enroll early and is looking for strong academics and early playing time for his future college choice."

-Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Per Hubbs

Getting Oladele to make the trip was a big coup for Brady Hoke. The Vols continue to explore multiple options for that final pass rusher spot, and the South Florida native is certainly an option. He’s raw but he has a great frame and big-time potential. If he doesn’t commit to Miami this summer, Tennessee could become a serious contender in the fall depending on how hard it pushes.

Reactions: 3 people
Nugget posted on VQ from Rob Cassidy...

He and Miami had a ... well ... a split. I referenced it in my last post when I said that in the days following Miami's camp, I was hearing things that made me think he wouldn't be going there anymore.

What actually happened depends on who you ask. Point is, he's definitely not going there. This is great for Tennessee obviously, as I don't think he's gonna re-commit to FSU.

This could very well end up being UGA vs UT.

Reactions: 6 people
I wonder what happened. We might back off ourselves depending, or he might've gotten mad when Richt was explaining the team's bail out of jail and transfer to Louisville policy

I'm not extremely impressed with his highlights but I think he will improve with experience and good coaching.

Four-star DE Kayode Oladele will take an official visit to Tennessee for the Vols' Sept. 30 game against Georgia.

So far, he has only set visits to UT and UGA. He plans to visit the rest of his top five as well.

Rob Cassidy

Reactions: 5 people
Hopefully Coutts to good guys this hopefully will be prime example of why not to freak out and take a project......

Kayode Oladele’s top five is released and set in stone. Florida State, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss are the school still alive to land the Nigeria-born defensive end. Now it seems his official visit list will coincide with his final group of suitors. Those dates are being set, and they’re being set with haste.

“My top five, I’m visiting all of them,” Oladele said. “I already have scheduled Tennessee. I’m scheduling the other four now. I should know next week” According to Oladele, his visit to Tennessee will come for the Vols’ Sept. 30 game against Georgia. Everything else remains up in the air.

Oladele, who attends Hialeah (Fla.) Chapagnat Catholic High School, will announce his commitment on his Dec. 12 birthday.

IN HIS WORDS:

-- “Tennessee has come on strong lately. I went to the camp and they were very interested in me. The D-line coach is good. We had a short relationship but it’s a really good one. -- “I want to take all my visits before Dec. 12 and announce then.”

-- “Right now, all five are the same for me. I just want to visit. Then I’ll know the best school for me.”

RIVALS REACTION: This is a volatile situation. Oladele is raw but as impressive a physical specimen as there is in this class. It seems Georgia and Tennessee are currently pressing the hardest but visits to other campuses could impact his pecking order. It’s hard to project what may happen between now and late December, as recruiting interest in Oladele seems to fluctuate.

- Rob Cassidy, Rivals

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back