Five things to watch for Florida

i think you might end up being surprised by our corners

i definitely wouldnt say they arent very good

They're talented and will present a different challenge... but NCSU has highly regarded players in their secondary. Draft analysts still think Amerson is a first rounder.

I would never dismiss your CB's. I think many UF fans seem to be dismissing UT's passing game though. When you get into the details, the competition these two teams have faced isn't really all that different. I thought BGSU was a much better team than GSU but judging from their Idaho game that difference isn't as great as I thought. NCSU "on paper" looks better than A&M. They returned more experience and more of their top players on both sides of the ball.

I hope Dooley's staff contacts the ref's before the game and greatly emphasize that there WILL be a ton of contact/holding from the UF defenders during the game, and to be looking for it. It was REALLY bad last year.

IIRC, unsportsmanlike penalties can be called on coaches if players are obviously committing penalties on purpose to avoid competition or hurt an opponent. Would LOVE to see Muschamp react to that kind of call.

i think the key to this game is simple.The gators are going to blitz,blitz, and blitz some more.The key is going to be are they going to be able to get to bray and how does bray handle the heat.Does he make the right reads or does he try to force it.Personally i like our chances.

Their front seven is banged up (and minus 2 LB's), if they're unable to put pressure on Bray their DB's are already in for a long day.
Blitz a DB---leaving one-on-one coverage on three deep---would be playing right into our hands...like taking candy from a baby. *See NCSU / Amerson.

i think the key to this game is simple.The gators are going to blitz,blitz, and blitz some more.The key is going to be are they going to be able to get to bray and how does bray handle the heat.Does he make the right reads or does he try to force it.Personally i like our chances.

Man I hope they do! Bray will have a feild day. If there's one element of the game at which Vols are exceptional its pass protection and throwing the ball to the area from where blitz came.

some of the talking heads seem to think Florida will play bump and run with Patterson and Hunter with safety help over the top. If they blitz LB's out of this Rivera and our RB's should have a field day catching the ball.

I don't believe UF's CBs will be able to consistently get a bump on Patterson and Hunter. Rogers has been known to struggle with this, though, so it will be interesting to see how Chaney tries to use ZR and how UF tries to defend him.

I do think Rivera looks much quicker this year and that could be the difference in beating UF's LBs and safeties one-on-one.

VN Store

Back