Fishing Pictures Thread

My son got his PB redfish on our last trip. I had told him we would get him a fiberglass replica if he caught an upper slot or bigger red all on his own, so that's what we did. He said if he catches two more completely on his own then he's earned a custom inshore rod...lol. This one was 26" and it beat the previous PB he caught that morning that was just under 24".
View attachment 628224
Nice! Where is this? Cause it looks almost like my fishing hole in Florida, actually going in two weeks God willing.

Reactions: Tin Man
Just looked up Cedar Key and the inshore fishing holes look endless. Would be an incredible place to kayak fish. Hope the weather cooperates for you.
Thanks. It is an amazing place, I'd move tomorrow if my wife would 🤣. I've never been, and not caught fish. It's worth a visit if you ever get a chance.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
So this is probably my best bet on the forum on getting an answer so I’ll try here.

I’m in the process of gutting all of my electronics on my bass boat and going back with HDS Live on the console and bow as well as ActiveTarget2. So by definition I’ll have to have them networked since that’s the only way to talk to AT2 but I am assuming I can display the AT2 on both MFD’s simultaneously? Say for two fisherman the bow fisherman is running the AT2 but the rear deck fisherman can see the AT2 on the console at the same time right? TIA

So this is probably my best bet on the forum on getting an answer so I’ll try here.

I’m in the process of gutting all of my electronics on my bass boat and going back with HDS Live on the console and bow as well as ActiveTarget2. So by definition I’ll have to have them networked since that’s the only way to talk to AT2 but I am assuming I can display the AT2 on both MFD’s simultaneously? Say for two fisherman the bow fisherman is running the AT2 but the rear deck fisherman can see the AT2 on the console at the same time right? TIA
You have made a great argument. My sense is go with the flow.

Post up your fishing vessel(s). Here's mine.
20220905_162208.jpg

Hey @joevol33 I looked back through the thread and noticed we're in the same general area. Do you do any fishing at Lanier? I grew up fishing ponds and never fished big lakes...all my experience the last 15 years has been strictly inshore saltwater. I'm going to be moving soon to a house on Lanier and need to find someone with some experience out there to get some tips.

Post up your fishing vessel(s). Here's mine.
View attachment 630035

Hey @joevol33 I looked back through the thread and noticed we're in the same general area. Do you do any fishing at Lanier? I grew up fishing ponds and never fished big lakes...all my experience the last 15 years has been strictly inshore saltwater. I'm going to be moving soon to a house on Lanier and need to find someone with some experience out there to get some tips.
I have, and do. I'm no expert, but I know a few spots. One of my friends has taught me a few places. Without you having to give away your location, I know some people are more private, what general area will you be? I'm in Habersham, and usually fish Lanier in hall county.

I have, and do. I'm no expert, but I know a few spots. One of my friends has taught me a few places. Without you having to give away your location, I know some people are more private, what general area will you be? I'm in Habersham, and usually fish Lanier in hall county.
I'm actually in Forsyth County and will be fishing more in the Young Deer Creek area. I haven't been able to get my kayak over to the house we're renovating but have seen some nice spotted bass and one huge largemouth right around the dock.

I'm actually in Forsyth County and will be fishing more in the Young Deer Creek area. I haven't been able to get my kayak over to the house we're renovating but have seen some nice spotted bass and one huge largemouth right around the dock.
I have to take my wife to Cumming every week for a Dr. We usually go across the buford dam, and I've always wanted to fish that way. There are some good bass in Lanier, spots and largemouth. Some good striper, catfish, and crappie also.

Start your Lanier adventure fishing the creek mouths and points in the Spring. I used to fish Lanier ~40 years ago. Fishing the big water can be frustrating.

Start your Lanier adventure fishing the creek mouths and points in the Spring. I used to fish Lanier ~40 years ago. Fishing the big water can be frustrating.

The front facing live scopes they make nowadays are so good the big open water has become a lot more accessible to folks not extremely familiar with the area. Not that I use them but I've seen them in action and it's like playing a videogame..

Reactions: jp1 and Tin Man
The front facing live scopes they make nowadays are so good the big open water has become a lot more accessible to folks not extremely familiar with the area. Not that I use them but I've seen them in action and it's like playing a videogame..
My old pastor took me to Hartwell one day, and he stayed in the middle of the lake. I'd never bass fished like that, only close to the bank. You couldn't see anything by eye, but he'd say "throw it", using a top water plug. It was like watching jaws, nice size bass coming up from the bottom busting that thing. It was fun.

Reactions: Tin Man
My old pastor took me to Hartwell one day, and he stayed in the middle of the lake. I'd never bass fished like that, only close to the bank. You couldn't see anything by eye, but he'd say "throw it", using a top water plug. It was like watching jaws, nice size bass coming up from the bottom busting that thing. It was fun.

It's a fun way to fish if you know what you're doing. Big mama bass lurk in that deep water, just have to know where they are.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back