Fishing in Tennessee

this is an idea for bluegill flies. i prefer a weighted fly with upturned hook. anything that will hover or suspend. special waterproof pens make the black lines more realistic. bass hate bluegill, these variations are too big. but the colors are good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Joe!

Besides live bait, what artificial bait could I fish with? What are bass plugs?

OK Freak,we need more information

how much are you looking to spend?

what kind of fish are you wanting to catch ?

large mouth ,small mouth,trout,cat fish ,carp,gar,buffaloes,shell crackers ?

and where do you plan to fish ? we need to know which body of water

a lake,river or a pond ?

and how ?

off the bank,going out in a friends bass boat ? or a 2 man boat,which can be a kayak,canoe or a small boat with a little motor ? the little boat with a 5hp Evinrude was the most fun for me :)

or wading a river or creek ?

are you going to whip out the credit card and get a Tennessee Orange and White bass boat,that has VolNation.com painted all over it ?

with matching Hat,fishing vest,Tee shirt and jorts ?you will need matching flip flops too

ooh and a big ass truck painted the same ? with some big VolNation.com flags flying from it too ?

don't forget the huggies for the beer,but you don't get to drive then :)

just kidding,but if you do,post some pics :)

answer the serious part of this post,though,where and what you want to catch is the important part,I'm a more of what ever is biting type myself

I did find the boat and truck you need :)

the bike is for game day :hi:

need some touching up on the paint

Attachments

• international-scout-11.jpg
    international-scout-11.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
  • checker  board.jpg
    checker board.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1
  • harley_watts_bar_big_r.jpg
    harley_watts_bar_big_r.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 people
I'd like to try to get some fishing in this weekend and put some of these great tips to use. If I do, I'll keep you guys posted.

Mule, that boat is fantastic!

I'd like to try to get some fishing in this weekend and put some of these great tips to use. If I do, I'll keep you guys posted.

Have fun.

You know it! I'm hoping to drag Freak jr. back out with me.

I love taking kids fishing,I'm not sure if mom made my Dad take me or not lol but I all ways enjoyed going

Every time he went fishing I got to go and Dad loved to go, often too

we use to go to Rogersville and fish at the steam plant,the side that went thru the farmers field,we would stand on the concrete wall and fish,good thing nobody fell in

we had 6 or 7 of the old metal stringers put together and we would bring it back with 3 or 4 fish to a hook,it took 2 people to carry it out

when they were biting

the whole block would be eating striped bass :)

I wished i had some pictures,hmmm I think my uncle said he had a couple,I will have to ask him and see if he still has them

let us know how many you caught and if there is a Fish fry tonight

I haven't had a mess of blue gills in many a year,they are about the best eating and easy to catch,just be sure and try to get em hand size :)

let us know how many you caught and if there is a Fish fry tonight

I haven't had a mess of blue gills in many a year,they are about the best eating and easy to catch,just be sure and try to get em hand size :)

Those and red eye!

Anyone ever use stick bait? Did not believe it to be true until I saw it first hand.

Anyone ever use stick bait? Did not believe it to be true until I saw it first hand.

Do you mean the soft plastic stickbaits like Yamamoto senko's? If so, yes I have caught more bass on that type of soft plastic than any other Ive fished. Very versatile bait.

Do you mean the soft plastic stickbaits like Yamamoto senko's? If so, yes I have caught more bass on that type of soft plastic than any other Ive fished. Very versatile bait.

Ok... maybe one needs to have a bit of red neck in him to have learned this one. It is also frowned upon by fish and game.

I learned this in the Smokies fishing a small stream... fishing partner searched near the stream for a Y-shaped twig, snapped it open at the Y, and dug out a small insect (worm like)... fish apparently enjoy this a lot.

I told you it was coming. Here is the official info on Creek and River. We are for non profit/for profit company that will give world class fishing experiences on Tennessee mid state creeks and rivers.

Did you know that Creek & River has a non-profit (501c3) to which 20% of all trip proceeds goes to mentor at-risk teens and community leaders?
You can have a world class trip and make life change happen for another.
Booking begins October 1 of this year for the 2016 season beginning March 15. www.creekandriver.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ok... maybe one needs to have a bit of red neck in him to have learned this one. It is also frowned upon by fish and game.

I learned this in the Smokies fishing a small stream... fishing partner searched near the stream for a Y-shaped twig, snapped it open at the Y, and dug out a small insect (worm like)... fish apparently enjoy this a lot.

Why is it frowned upon?

nice looking, healthy largemouth my friend. maybe not a hog by florida standards per se, but damn impressive nonetheless. i say that and i fished all day fri-sat on watauga lake (aka the dead sea) and hooked one smallmouth, who got off close to my kayak. personally i think LMB and SMB are some of the prettiest freshwater species.

id kill for a day like that my friend!

VN Store

Back