Finebaum On Gus and Tennessee!!

I've noticed that most of the discussion around this weekend's game was about Auburn and their failings. There would be a brief comment about Tennessee or something derogatory like 'run of the mill'. I personally think we're seeing the talent coming together and learning the new system. They're more than 'run of the mill' but time will tell.

It takes multiple wins for a less successful team to finally get credit. Many will just consider it “luck” at first. We need to win 2 of the USCe, UK, or Missouri games then some praise will come.

Reactions: screenthis
Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU. Heck, if we played the way we did Sat, the UGA game would have been MUCH closer. The key is, can we continue to improve...I think they can. Paul will jump back on the TN bandwaggon soon enough....not that it matters.
Good grief, one game does not a great team make. UT was embarrassed by UF and easily whipped by an uninspired UGA. You don't get do overs.

Well. Run-of-the-mill SEC program is a step up from the “bottom-of-the-barrel” we were called after the Florida game. So I assume that is an improvement.

Remember, just a few weeks ago we were in the discussion for worst SEC team this year (vs. Arkansas). So run-of-the-mill = middle of the pack which is an improvement over the past 3 weeks.

After the Florida game we were the bottom of the outhouse.

Reactions: willinhf
I never listen or watch his "run of the mill show". Never has had anything I wanted to hear from his Ala mouth.

Reactions: TrentVol
“His problem is self-evident,” Finebaum said. “The fans don’t like him. They have no faith in him. They’re not eager to support him, and I really don’t know where this program goes now. … Gus Malzahn doesn’t have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.”

Give him credit. He's moved UT up from 'bottom feeder' to 'run of the mill'.

Reactions: MoodyVol
“His problem is self-evident,” Finebaum said. “The fans don’t like him. They have no faith in him. They’re not eager to support him, and I really don’t know where this program goes now. … Gus Malzahn doesn’t have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.”

It blows my mind that people listen to or watch Finebaum. When the SEC Network first aired several years ago, it was the 1st time I had seen (or heard) his show. I can honestly say that was the 1st and last. To each his own I guess, but I don't get it.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Paul loves TN. Couple weeks back he got emotional and Tebow asked, "Paul you getting emotional about TN" and he said, in a nutshell, that he has to be unbiased professionally but loves TN and has been angry to see the ineptitude of the leadership at the university and was happy that we had fulmer back in charge and for the first time since Fulmer was fired we had people at the helm that had a clue about how to build a successful football program.

Paul is good at his job and puts on an unbiased persona and tells it like it is, but deep down he is a VFL

Paul loves TN. Couple weeks back he got emotional and Tebow asked, "Paul you getting emotional about TN" and he said, in a nutshell, that he has to be unbiased professionally but loves TN and has been angry to see the ineptitude of the leadership at the university and was happy that we had fulmer back in charge and for the first time since Fulmer was fired we had people at the helm that had a clue about how to build a successful football program.

Paul is good at his job and puts on an unbiased persona and tells it like it is, but deep down he is a VFL
I lived in Birmingham 1989-1994 Paul always criticized majors and later fulmer and gave them heck. He is a ratings diva and goes with how the wind blows. I don't have time for the smuck.

I lived in Birmingham 1989-1994 Paul always criticized majors and later fulmer and gave them heck. He is a ratings diva and goes with how the wind blows. I don't have time for the smuck.

Every coach, outside of Saban, does things to deserve critiscm. Majors and Fulmer both, while I appreciate them and love them as fellow VFL's, blew some great opportunities for TN to win some championships. Especially Majors. He had Heath Shuler, the Heisman runner up and no.2 pick in the draft, quick kicking on 3rd down. Another game he wouldn't take shuler out after he had a separated shoulder. Bonehead moves and they deserved to be criticized.

Plus you are right, his show was in B'ham and he played to his audience. But that's just smart business.

Good grief, one game does not a great team make. UT was embarrassed by UF and easily whipped by an uninspired UGA. You don't get do overs.
Really? I didn't realize you don't get do-overs...you got me on that one. You're a genius. Thought I'd try the "positive" thing after the win...oh well.

Every coach, outside of Saban, does things to deserve critiscm. Majors and Fulmer both, while I appreciate them and love them as fellow VFL's, blew some great opportunities for TN to win some championships. Especially Majors. He had Heath Shuler, the Heisman runner up and no.2 pick in the draft, quick kicking on 3rd down. Another game he wouldn't take shuler out after he had a separated shoulder. Bonehead moves and they deserved to be criticized.

Plus you are right, his show was in B'ham and he played to his audience. But that's just smart business.
Agree with your post and the last sentence is why I have no time for him. Sure smart on his part but the same callers get in on his show everyday and it is a staged deal.

Why do y’all still let yourself get worked up over Finebaum?

YeeeeEEESSSSS! Nice

1. SEC Champions
2. Played in Championship Game
3. Puzzle Pieces In Place For Run To Title Next Year
4. Missing A Few Pieces / Ready To Make Noise
5. Run Of The Mill SEC Team
6. Cellar Dweller

We are moving up boys !!! Sing with me...."Happy days are here again....."

VN Store

Back