Finebaum On Gus and Tennessee!!

Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU. Heck, if we played the way we did Sat, the UGA game would have been MUCH closer. The key is, can we continue to improve...I think they can. Paul will jump back on the TN bandwaggon soon enough....not that it matters.

LOL one win against a horrible overranked team and you guys start it up....LOL

Maybe we win 5 now,,,maybe.

Right before the Georgia game when the commentators were giving their predictions, Finebaum was giddy and gleeful in predicting our loss. I was savoring that memory
at the end of the game.

Reactions: TrentVol and jim43
Right before the Georgia game when the commentators were giving their predictions, Finebaum was giddy and gleeful in predicting our loss. I was savoring that memory
at the end of the game.
One thing is sure; Finebaum is not a VFL fan and never will be. If he tries to become one, deny his access.

We are getting better, the OL was better in pass protection, still need work in run blocking though. QB play was markedly better. He got SEC player of the week for a reason. He played great, as did the receivers. Its gonna take some time but I like the run first play action pass game of this team. We took shots down field when we needed to and it ended up giving us the win. By year 3 we should be much improved. Under Butch it seemed like we started the seasons good and finished terrible, hopefully Pruitt is the exact opposite. So far it is looking like that, we are slowly getting a little better every week.

Reactions: TrentVol

Yep maybe, not very likely. Our ol is still gosh awful, and the rest of the team needs a lot of talent before we get carried away with future greatness.

All of this is about money, it’s visual/audio clickbait, Paul is very good at it. You don’t go from beat-writer to basically having your own network without knowing how to stir the pot enough to make money. Watch his show or not, the guy knows how to trigger responses.
Laura bought in to his show. He's a Bama homie as long as Saban is winning. Usually down on the Big 10 but OSU and Michigan aren't giving him much room to run his mouth this season. I tune-in less and less to his show but like the televised games on the network especially with bball coming up.

When Slimebum makes a back shoulder throw to a WR in the end zone to score a go ahead TD while ALSO taking a hit from an NFL caliber DE then I’ll listen to his opinion. Because that’s what men do, Paul.
Hell I bet he can't even twirl a baton. I imagine he might be able to shake a pom-pom though.

TBH, I think Finebaum usually has a good take on most teams. Is he all over Alabama and Saban? Yeah. Guess why -- they have been the most dominant team in college football history over the past decade. Has he spoken poorly of UT? Again, yes. When you hire Derek Dooley and Butch Jones, go on to have the worst season in over a century of Tennessee football, then put yourself in the middle of a three-ring hiring circus that narrowly escapes Greg Schiano and requires the firing of your AD, that's what you get.

Trust me: if Pruitt continues to build the program and we become relevant in the SEC or National title picture again, Paul will be singing our praises.

Reactions: Jack Burton

LOL, you that talk like you know the future. LOL, what did you predict we would do against that horrible over ranked team? Them beating us by 18? Didn't you call the game in the first quarter? LOL, you don't know chit, you should stop acting like it. LOL.

PF is one of those people that I'd like to buy for what he's worth and sell for what he thinks he's worth. I could retire, buy season tickets and go to ALL the UT games I want to. And have change in my pocket!!!

GBO!!!
:p

The fact you have so many likes with comments like this sincerely makes me question why I get on this board at all

In fairness, he was responding to:

Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU

We got run out of our own stadium by Florida and were fairly-easily beaten by an uninspired Georgia.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Hey Paul, that run of the mill team which played on Saturday could play with about anyone not named Bama and LSU. Heck, if we played the way we did Sat, the UGA game would have been MUCH closer. The key is, can we continue to improve...I think they can. Paul will jump back on the TN bandwaggon soon enough....not that it matters.
Had we played like that against FLA we would have beaten the hell out of them.
Grandpa

F. said, "Wow, I just pulled my prediction out of my nether anatomy. I had no idea what I was talking about did I?"

When did jornalists, sports writers, tv news heads etc. decide that being insulting controversial sh1theads was the way to have a "professional" career. Where exactly did that start?

YeeeeEEESSSSS! Nice

1. SEC Champions
2. Played in Championship Game
3. Puzzle Pieces In Place For Run To Title Next Year
4. Missing A Few Pieces / Ready To Make Noise
5. Run Of The Mill SEC Team
6. Cellar Dweller

We are moving up boys !!! Sing with me...."Happy days are here again"

I AM SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!
UnKzQRo.gif

When was he ever ON it? As a student?

“His problem is self-evident,” Finebaum said. “The fans don’t like him. They have no faith in him. They’re not eager to support him, and I really don’t know where this program goes now. … Gus Malzahn doesn’t have a plan moving forward. The plan was exactly what we witnessed on Saturday afternoon against a run-of-the-mill SEC program in Tennessee.”
What a nice motivational comment for Paul to leave with us!

That's what you get for listening to a "Run of the Mill" show. You want the truth, come to Volnation!!!

Yea, for the truth, go to a fanbase forum! :rolleyes:

That being said, Finebaum is a moron. He shuvs Alabama down everyone's throats at every chance he gets. If Alabama by some miracle loses two games in the regular season, just watch Finebaum push for them to go to the playoffs.

Yea, for the truth, go to a fanbase forum! :rolleyes:

That being said, Finebaum is a moron. He shuvs Alabama down everyone's throats at every chance he gets. If Alabama by some miracle loses two games in the regular season, just watch Finebaum push for them to go to the playoffs.
The longer Bama wins, the bigger the crow sandwich gets for him to eat when it starts to crash. I hope!

VN Store

Back