Field of candidates for Vols WR coaching vacancy narrows to three

Possible WR / TE candidate from Colorado St interviewed

SEC Mike
✔
@MichaelWBratton
Another Colorado State coach could be coming to Tennessee. Joe Cox reportedly interviewed for a position on staff. Former Georgia starting QB, played for two state champions in North Carolina. Twitter …

1:44 PM - Jan 11, 2018
2 2 Replies 7 7 Retweets 12 12 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

FootballScoop Staff
@FootballScoop
Jeremy Pruitt brining in some sharp young coaches…. The Scoop - Thursday January 11, 2018 - FootballScoop

1:35 PM - Jan 11, 2018
The Scoop - Wednesday January 10, 2018 - FootballScoop
footballscoop.com
Replies 4 4 Retweets 8 8 likes

With this staff we are in pretty good shape recruiting wise so give me the teacher, I'll take Johnson if those are my choices. This staff has me calmer than I've been in a while regarding hires. If CJP wants em it's all good with me.

Reactions: 4 people
With this staff we are in pretty good shape recruiting wise so give me the teacher, I'll take Johnson if those are my choices. This staff has me calmer than I've been in a while regarding hires. If CJP wants em it's all good with me.

Of the choices Johnson is the best imo.

I have to say that I agree with the both of you

Reactions: 1 person
Possible WR / TE candidate from Colorado St interviewed

SEC Mike
✔
@MichaelWBratton
Another Colorado State coach could be coming to Tennessee. Joe Cox reportedly interviewed for a position on staff. Former Georgia starting QB, played for two state champions in North Carolina. Twitter …

1:44 PM - Jan 11, 2018
2 2 Replies 7 7 Retweets 12 12 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

FootballScoop Staff
@FootballScoop
Jeremy Pruitt brining in some sharp young coaches…. The Scoop - Thursday January 11, 2018 - FootballScoop

1:35 PM - Jan 11, 2018
The Scoop - Wednesday January 10, 2018 - FootballScoop
footballscoop.com
Replies 4 4 Retweets 8 8 likes

So much wrong with this candidate...at least one LITTLE thing. :)

Attachments

• 1F1BE3E8-5C4C-429C-9E3C-083E26B8852A.jpg
    1F1BE3E8-5C4C-429C-9E3C-083E26B8852A.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 2 people
I really like David Johnson of the 3 listed. I really enjoyed the micd up video. He seems to be high energy. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter and has good ties to the south specifically Louisiana which could be good. I’d be happy with any of the three. I would have liked to see Chris Beaty get an interview. Hopefully it’s Johnson

Reactions: 1 person
I really like David Johnson of the 3 listed. I really enjoyed the micd up video. He seems to be high energy. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter and has good ties to the south specifically Louisiana which could be good. I’d be happy with any of the three. I would have liked to see Chris Beaty get an interview. Hopefully it’s Johnson

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNwxgxiqHk[/YOUTUBE]

"Gotta strike. Gotta be violent."

I like that.

Reactions: 2 people
I never thought I'd see the day where so many Vols fans wanted to hire a coach from the Memphis High school kitty kats, LOL!

Have we fallen so far or has Memphis risen that much?

Back in the good old days Memphis was always a joke to us...until we lost to them with Peyton at the controls.

As for me, I don't care where we get a coach as long as he's a really good teacher of football and is a good recruiter too.

Pruitt is a perfect example of how a guy can prepare well in HS, get to the college level and work hard and learn more and make it to the top at a great program in a single decade.

Just hire us a good WR coach today that can help us WIN and get him to K town tonight so he's ready to meet all the new recruits tomorrow and get them to come play on the hill.

Get er done Pruitt, A'ight?

VFL...GBO!!!

you can't hire him after NSD in an off field role. there's a two year window before AND after a kid enrolls at your school, on hiring a coach.

plus there's already a kid on the roster from that HS that would fall in to the two years AFTER.

the only way Propst gets hired AND you keep JJ and the kid already on the roster is to put him on the field.

I think Propst was considered a possible for a very brief time. I think he made one mention about being interested, but might have been unaware of the rule at the time. And at the time, Pruitt might have not known Shamberger was one of Rush's players.

I think Propst was considered a possible for a very brief time. I think he made one mention about being interested, but might have been unaware of the rule at the time. And at the time, Pruitt might have not known Shamberger was one of Rush's players.
Dude he knows that rule. A new college head coach might no know that rule. A HS coach of a program of that stature knows that rule.

VN Store

Back